D&D 5E New D&D product listed on Amazon

At Origins the WotC team ran D&D games set in Undermountain. Supposedly it led to the return of Halaster Blackcloak. They did say the adventure would later be available in some way, but didn't elaborate how. Many assumed it would go up on the DM's Guild but it hasn't yet.

Sad to hear about a possible return of Halaster. I was happy to finally have him gone. It was like ... well, like someone didn't want to let go of the past and couldn't move things into the future in a creative way.

In addition to the aforementioned front cover, which specifically mentions Xanathar and his schemes in Waterdeep, there's also a reference in the Beholder - Death Kiss entry. And hrmm, one or two more. They escape me at the moment, alas.

In the interests of, uh, effort conservation, can you list the references that you found?

Henry

Autoexreginated
I wouldn't mind an Undermountain AP, myself - especially a plot that captured that feel of having to repeatedly return to Undermountain to find key clues or complete certain tasks, that captures that random deadly nature of the place, kind of a "Running Man" for D&D mixed with Warhammer's Karak Azgal. And if they had some kind of randomization table for the traps, levels, and monster encounters that had a good bit of creative thought, I'm all in.

A big Undermountain mega dungeon that is actually ten or twelve smaller dungeon layers might work well as a product emulating Dungeon Delve, something for people wanting smaller adventures. Basically a whole bunch of small adventures and dungeons, albeit with a consistent overall theme and connecting story. A big book of dungeons you can steal for your homegame.

Xanathar's back too? I could have sworn there was a whole adventure just to kill him. Can someone not allow things to change? Sure, Ed's original incarnation of UM was great. But that was years and years ago. People, even demi-gods die.

darjr

I crit!
An Undermountain adventure also implies a bit more about Waterdeep, I think. That would be very cool. But in a single book it might not all fit in a good way. Though a two book set might be cool it might also be to much.

Hmmmm...

Anyway a bunch of adventures from AL set in and around Waterdeep and Undermountain would be very cool!

One_Shots

First Post
What I would love more, whether it's Undermountain or something else entirely, is a module that takes characters from 15th to 20th-levels.

It's time, people. Past due, in fact.

Remove ads