• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E New D&D Survey, with some in-depth setting questions

overgeeked

B/X Known World
I only picked two; I went with Mystara and Homebrew. (But to be fair, my homebrew borrows elements from Eberron, Wildemount, and Dark Sun...so it's a bit of a cop-out.)
Yeah. I mostly do homebrew stuff or just use the older edition materials when running the settings I like. I assumed this was a "what settings to you want us to publish" survey so went with the stuff I'd like to see updated.

RoughCoronet0

Dragon Lover
I put The Elder Scrolls (Skyrim) and Fallout 4 in the "what video games do you play" section of the survey. A Skyrim book would be interesting (and I'd immediately buy it), if Bethesda was open to a crossover, but the "Dragonborn" name would be a bit difficult to work with.
They could just refer to the Elder Scrolls’ Dragonborn by Dovahkiin to avoid any confusion.

Hatmatter

Laws of Mordenkainen, Elminster, & Fistandantilus
And if anyone picks a different setting as their favorite, I'm curious what traits they list for it, so please share!
I picked Spelljammer because it has been my favorite and creatively applies D&D by putting it in space in such a wonderful, fantastic sequence of environments.

I also answered the 2nd Edition historical guides, such as A Mighty Fortress that I am using now. I always loved playing D&D in historical environments and my group is having a blast with it now.

I also answered Dark Sun. I owned Dark Sun from the day it came out and I loved how it adopted D&D tropes to a new, apocalyptic, wasteland environment. I also love the way it handled high-level campaign themes (10th-level spells, new class features through 30th-level, characters transforming into dragons, etc.).

Remove ads