• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New D20 campaign help!

tecnodemon

First Post
Hey all I need help. I am thinking running a D&D game but looking for pre-published works of some specific genres. The ones I am lookig for in a campaign are as follows: Victorian/steampunkish style, Airships or Skyships, some horror elements and maybe pre-indutrial style world/cities/countries.

Does any or all of these elements I am looking for exsist in any published books? If so please let me know.

So No Earthdawn, Iron Kingdoms or BESM D20. They must also be D20 products as well.

Crothian

First Post
I don't know of any one book that has them all, but I know of a pair individual books of high quality that can be used ofr this. FFG has a great Steampunk book and Bastion's book Airships is top notch for flying vessels.

The problem with your request for Victorian steampunk roleplaying settings, with or without airships, is that, at least so far as I am aware, very few games have ever done much justice to the genre. Probably the best that I've ever played would be either Space 1889, published variously by Heliograph Games and Pharos Press or the ubiquitous Deadlands, neither of which are, either in system or setting, quite what you were asking for.

I would, however, heartily reccommend looking for some of the novels by James Blaylock, especially Homonculus and Lord Kelvin's Machine, and K.W. Jeter's Infernal Devices, as well as Michael Moorcock's trilogy of imperial fantasies The Warlord of the Air, The Land Leviathan, and The Steel Tsar. These would all seem, in different ways, to be much closer in setting to what you ask for than any published roleplaying game material, at least any that I'm aware of, and you might draw some useful inspiration from them, and even if not, if you like the genre, you'll probably enjoy them.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads