New Discussion Thread

Phoenix8008

First Post
Just to let everyone know, I've been unable to access ENworld for the last 3 days. Today it's working, so I'll be trying to get all my games updated tonight or in the morning.

garyh

First Post
Just to let everyone know, I've been unable to access ENworld for the last 3 days. Today it's working, so I'll be trying to get all my games updated tonight or in the morning.

Yup, there's been a lot of that going around. According to a thread in Meta, it should be fixed now. Yay!

JoeNotCharles

First Post
There was a workaround involving updating your /etc/hosts file (c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts on Windows), which I'm using. The problem is, how do you let people who can't get to the boards know about it?

JoeNotCharles

First Post
What's the workaround? Its been so annoying...I feel like I'm going to miss something important!

Probably not necessary anymore, since apparently the problem's fixed, but I found this here:

I'm getting pretty random results in my testing. But yeah, it's a DNS problem.

Anybody who's having a problem (on a Windows box) should be able to fix it temporarily by doing this:

Open C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts in notepad
Add the following lines to the end of that file:
68.68.204.19 www.enworld.org
68.68.204.19 www.circvsmaximvs.com

This will override your DNS server, and force your computer to go to the right IP address when you visit those sites.
Like I said, if you're using Mac or Linux the same thing should work except the file is just /etc/hosts.

Dawn Raven

First Post
I'm a dedicated windows user (because my technical skills suck and I like video games ^^).

But at least I now know how to fix it if the problem arises again.

As an aside, it looks like I now have the first post on the tope 4 threads. Mwahahaa

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
I think it is a good option to add in a character like Vlastos in flight, you know he will resurface (and if not you can get another character by "messanger").

Another option I posted in the tavern OOC was to take another striker. In the case of the Kobold game our striker is a Rogue, so a ranged striker is not a bad compromise.

My 2 coppers...

FYI, Murphy's a ranged striker.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Yeah, I've been having issues as well - couldn't connect to the site for hours at a time since ... Monday?

It would seem things are fixed again. I'm blown away by the mass of posts here in L4W in the past 12 hours ... I think there's been more posts in that time than there were in the 3 days before that, haha. Good to see everything get a kick start :D

Remove ads