New Discussion Thread

KenHood

First Post
The only NPC in either Hoofchew or Closed Eye that isn't public, that I can think of, is Doddoddod.

Yeah. I'd rather that folks stayed hands-off on Doddoddod.

The 'real story' about him and Palindrome is convoluted, and I'd rather not have it come out except as revealed in game. I don't want other players having access to the information.

Don Incognito

First Post
I'm assuming O is still fair game, right? I'll be delving into some of the island's...er...shadier elements during this current and (most likely) future adventures.

garyh

First Post
Yeah. I'd rather that folks stayed hands-off on Doddoddod.

The 'real story' about him and Palindrome is convoluted, and I'd rather not have it come out except as revealed in game. I don't want other players having access to the information.

Oh, we all know Palindrome is really Doddoddod from the future, after a visit to the Fountain of Youth, and that he's traveled back in time to do the legwork that sets himself up as a master wizard. It's as plain as the nose on Palindrome's face. At least, while he isn't wearing that necklace.

I'm assuming O is still fair game, right? I'll be delving into some of the island's...er...shadier elements during this current and (most likely) future adventures.

I think, for the most part, and certainly for the Isle of Opposition, it's a fantastic thing for the DM's to flesh out places and the NPC's who live there. That's a lot of the fun of a living world.

There are really only two things that would bother me about DM creations:

1 - Creating something that would dramatically alter the game for everyone, whether the liked it or not. Example: A zombie plague kills half of the City of Daunton, only for them to rise as undead.

2 - Using something from a player's PC backstory that isn't meant for public use. Example: Using Doddoddod without running it my KenHood, ESPECIALLY if you were to do something that then reflected upon Palindrome.

KenHood

First Post
Oh, we all know Palindrome is really Doddoddod from the future, after a visit to the Fountain of Youth, and that he's traveled back in time to do the legwork that sets himself up as a master wizard. It's as plain as the nose on Palindrome's face. At least, while he isn't wearing that necklace.

Oh! So close...

;)

Example: A zombie plague kills half of the City of Daunton, only for them to rise as undead.

Um...

That sounds like a lot of fun.

Remove ads