New Discussion Thread

renau1g

First Post
Players usually have ample opportunity to play in games (evidenced by the other living world) without too much waiting around. Nobody is forced to make a second character either. I might want to have two characters going as well, because I want to keep my original at higher level X, but want to try out a different class without giving up the original.

covaithe

Explorer
I want a second character, and a third. I'm sure someday I'll want a fourth. Yes, it would suck if we started ignoring newcomers, but I haven't seen that happening in the other living world(s?) that allow multiple characters. If it happens, we'll deal with it when the time comes, I guess.

garyh

First Post
Joe, a place where your pbp game is -relatively- assured to not end abruptly is not a very common thing, and if I can play more than one game there, for which I need more than one character, I definitely want to. Is that answer good enough?

I want a second character, and a third. I'm sure someday I'll want a fourth. Yes, it would suck if we started ignoring newcomers, but I haven't seen that happening in the other living world(s?) that allow multiple characters. If it happens, we'll deal with it when the time comes, I guess.

These answers pretty much sum it up for me. I'm all for multiple characters. And as for needing DMs and new 1st PC players getting a shot, I think a full tavern sparks DM interest more than anything, and I think it'd be common courtesy to let folks with no PC's on adventure take an adventure slot if you've got one PC in the tavern and one on adventure.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
I think I managed to set the Kobold's Captive thread to "ignore" somehow, because I can't even see it in the index. I can see a list of my "subscribed" threads under My Account, but it's not there, and I can see a list of ignored users, but it's empty. Does anyone know how to un-ignore a thread?

hafrogman

Adventurer
I think I managed to set the Kobold's Captive thread to "ignore" somehow, because I can't even see it in the index. I can see a list of my "subscribed" threads under My Account, but it's not there, and I can see a list of ignored users, but it's empty. Does anyone know how to un-ignore a thread?
Alas, this showed up in Meta recently. Nobody could figure out any way to do it. You're just going to have to follow it from your subscribed list. Sorry.

dimsdale

First Post
I don't know if this is the thread to post this but I'll do it anyway.

What rules are out their to monitor the play of DMs in Enworld?

I'm a little disappointed in what I'm seeing in Don Incognito's game.

After pelting a wizzard three times with slings that do 8 to 12 points damage, knocking the wizzard unconcious, Don writes this post to the wizzard:

OOC: make a death saving throw, numbnuts.

To the Enworld Judges: Is this the type of game you want your dm's to run? I've heard of players being banned, and rightly so for their behavior. What constitutes a DM from being banned? .

This is crazy.

covaithe

Explorer
What rules are out their to monitor the play of DMs in Enworld?
It's part of the responsibilities of an adventure's judge to make sure the DM doesn't get out of line. That said, I don't see that Don I's game has a judge yet. Did I miss that, or has one not been declared yet?

For player-DM conflicts in general, I suggest that the best first step is to address the DM directly, either by email/PM or in OOC sblocks in his thread. Most of the time, these things can be worked out amicably with improved communication. If that doesn't work, then try the adventure's judge, or the shared judge email address: l4w.judges@gmail.com. This thread probably isn't the appropriate place for it.

Remove ads