New DRAGON+ Delves Into Ravenloft; Includes CURSE OF STRAHD Preview Adventure

The brand new issue of DRAGON+, WotC's D&D news app, is out - and it's full of Ravenloft goodness. This issue contains an interview with Jum Zub (writer of the upcoming Minsc in Barovia story in the D&D comic), a talk with Tracy and Laura Hickman, who created the original Ravenloft module, a 'travel piece' on Barovia, some video game content (top six warlock features in Sword Coast Legends), a copy of the recent Unearthed Arcana Mystic class, a look at D&D board games, and interview with Acquisition Inc's Patrick Rothfuss, an article on disabled characters in D&D, and some recent Sage Advice from Jeremy Crawford.

The brand new issue of DRAGON+, WotC's D&D news app, is out - and it's full of Ravenloft goodness. This issue contains an interview with Jum Zub (writer of the upcoming Minsc in Barovia story in the D&D comic), a talk with Tracy and Laura Hickman, who created the original Ravenloft module, a 'travel piece' on Barovia, some video game content (top six warlock features in Sword Coast Legends), a copy of the recent Unearthed Arcana Mystic class, a look at D&D board games, and interview with Acquisition Inc's Patrick Rothfuss, an article on disabled characters in D&D, and some recent Sage Advice from Jeremy Crawford.

You can get Dragon+ from the iOS and Android app stores, or
view it on your desktop. The issue also includes a preview adventure for Curse of Strahd called Death House. It's a 12-page PDF is a min-adventure designed to get characters to 3rd level as they explore a haunted townhouse, while introducing characters to the land of Barovia. "This preview introduces characters to the land of Barovia. The Curse of Strahd book includes the original adventure, as well as expanded material developed in consultation with Tracy and Laura Hickman. It expands what we know about the lands around Castle Ravenloft and sheds new light on the dark past of the castle’s lord. The lands of Barovia are from a forgotten world in the D&D multiverse, and this adventure gives glimpses into that world. In time, cursed Barovia was torn from its home world by the Dark Powers and bound in mist as one of the Domains of Dread in the Shadowfell."

dp1.jpg
dp2.jpg
dp3.jpg
dp4.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-02-19 at 11.56.01.png

People here seem to forget that the only difference between a cult and a religion is legitimacy granted by public approval. All religions are functionally identical to cults. To me, it seems that the authors are just using the appropriate terminology to show that these groups are not publicly accepted like other religions.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
People here seem to forget that the only difference between a cult and a religion is legitimacy granted by public approval. All religions are functionally identical to cults. To me, it seems that the authors are just using the appropriate terminology to show that these groups are not publicly accepted like other religions.

I'm pretty sure that "cult" in the D&D context just means "small, evil religious group". D&D words don't necessarily match real life words exactly.

Remathilis

Legend
Moreover, a cult of vampire worshippers make good lvl 1 baddies. Most undead are too powerful, so this makes some decent minion fodder. I wager the cults won't mean much to the module beyond this intro.

Mercule

Adventurer
The link in the forum or the page at dragonmag.com?

If the former just go to www.dragonmag.com directly. Type into your browser.
The link you provided works for me. The issue is that it's a completely dead page. I can scroll the various scrolly bits, but I can't actually get any content to update or click-through to any stories.

I appears to be a Chrome issue. I finally opened up Edge, and it all works there. I'll just assume it's a cookie or ad blocking setting I have and forgot about. Pity. I'd love to read more of the articles, and will probably end up looking at them on my phone. I just have an exceedingly low tolerance to convoluted media schemes.

Remove ads

Remove ads