• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Fall Show: Worst Week

Amellia

First Post
I'm a huge How I Met Your Mother fan, and CBS is going to have a new comedy this fall that I'm actually really looking forward to. So, in the interest of drumming up some conversation about the upcoming fall TV schedule, here is the promo:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUr_8aSX74Q[/ame]

The premise is that this ordinary guy goes home with his fiance to break the news of their engagement to her parents. Unfortunately everything he touches goes wrong. From the promo, he starts off by showing up in a plastic diaper made of a trash bag (yes, really) and it just goes downhill from there... This one is coming on Sept. 22 at 9:30, after the other CBS comedy shows.

Amellia

First Post
So basically its Meet the Parents the TV series...

Haha... kind of, I guess. The premise is similar, though these parents have already met the guy before. It's a more sustainable concept though I think to Meet the Parents, which worked for a movie... but this show, as I understand it, follows each week of his life in each episode and it worse and worse, all leading up to the "worst week"... that's just my guess. I know CBS has the first season planned out anyway, so it's definitely a long term show and not a short thing like the Meet the Parents movie.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
o_O

Sounds spectacular stupid. I'm pretty sure that by the end on the second episode the premise of the series would already start wearing thin. Unfortunately since most of the public falls for the low-brow situation-based comedy, this show is sure to be a hit.

The British version made it into a "best comedy of the decade" program the other day.

Which is no guarantee the American version won't be awful, of course. It wouldn't be the first time ....

Amellia

First Post
The British version made it into a "best comedy of the decade" program the other day.

Which is no guarantee the American version won't be awful, of course. It wouldn't be the first time ....

Yeah, though I think Americans are getting better at adapting British shows and retaining the funny bits while still making it into an American offering. (The Office comes to mind.)

Premiere tonight at 9:30! If you haven't already seen it, watch this promo... it's a spoof off that Sex and the City opening, and it's pretty hilarious, featuring trash bag diaper...

'Worst Week' Promo

Remove ads