New Footwear

bone_naga

Explorer
Sorry for the thread necro, but as an update I just wanted to say that these boots/hiking shoes were awesome. I wore them pretty much all the time in Afghanistan. They were one of the best investments I ever made, although I did have to remove the insoles in order for them to be comfortable for me.

Sorry for the thread necro, but as an update I just wanted to say that these boots/hiking shoes were awesome. I wore them pretty much all the time in Afghanistan. They were one of the best investments I ever made, although I did have to remove the insoles in order for them to be comfortable for me.
Which boots are those?

bone_naga

Explorer
Which boots are those?
Those Merrell Proterras that I bought last month. I got the ones with the gore-tex lining (which was also a good decision). They weren't quite minimalist, but they were much closer to being minimalist than most boots or hiking shoes that I've tried and removing the insoles helped reduce the heel elevation.

The soles are pretty soft and flexible (again as far as boots go, not even close to five-fingers soft). It breathed well. It was generally comfortable even when walking around with some extra weight on my shoulders.

Those Merrell Proterras that I bought last month. I got the ones with the gore-tex lining (which was also a good decision). They weren't quite minimalist, but they were much closer to being minimalist than most boots or hiking shoes that I've tried and removing the insoles helped reduce the heel elevation.

The soles are pretty soft and flexible (again as far as boots go, not even close to five-fingers soft). It breathed well. It was generally comfortable even when walking around with some extra weight on my shoulders.
Interesting. It seems a lot more companies are trying their hand at making a minimalist boot… or at least minimalist for a boot.

Remove ads