New Footwear

Yes it seems so. And although I consider this a good thing, so far "trying" seems to be the operative word in many cases.
I imagine it's difficult to design something that is minimalist, but that can be used in the same terrain as hiking boots and shoes. These are three minimalist boots I saw on the other site I frequent.
Boot one

Boot two

Boot three

I think boots two and three look like something you might want to look into for work. Three seems to be the most minimalist. I haven't tried them because I rarely have a reason to wear boots. The only boots I currently on are dress boots, which are Kenneth Coles, and they aren't minimalist. I rarely have a reason to wear anything aside from my Vibrams or chucks.

bone_naga

Explorer
I imagine it's difficult to design something that is minimalist, but that can be used in the same terrain as hiking boots and shoes. These are three minimalist boots I saw on the other site I frequent.
Boot one

Boot two

Boot three

I think boots two and three look like something you might want to look into for work. Three seems to be the most minimalist. I haven't tried them because I rarely have a reason to wear boots. The only boots I currently on are dress boots, which are Kenneth Coles, and they aren't minimalist. I rarely have a reason to wear anything aside from my Vibrams or chucks.
I've been looking at the mini-mils (boot 2). One of my coworkers has them and is very happy with them, but I don't think he's a minimalist runner.

Boot 1 and Boot 3 doesn't meet uniform requirements. I was especially disappointed that Boot 3 did not have a military-friendly version since all they would have to do is change the leather the boot is made out of to the tan suede that is being used in the current style.

I think a couple companies have gotten the sole down. The Merrel Proterras and the Nike SFBs both have soles that are softer than normal boots but still thick and rugged enough to hold up to rougher terrain while carrying weight, and from what I've heard the Belleville Mini-Mils are in the same boat, but none of them have a 0mm drop, which just kind of annoys me.

I've been looking at the mini-mils (boot 2). One of my coworkers has them and is very happy with them, but I don't think he's a minimalist runner.

Boot 1 and Boot 3 doesn't meet uniform requirements. I was especially disappointed that Boot 3 did not have a military-friendly version since all they would have to do is change the leather the boot is made out of to the tan suede that is being used in the current style.

I think a couple companies have gotten the sole down. The Merrel Proterras and the Nike SFBs both have soles that are softer than normal boots but still thick and rugged enough to hold up to rougher terrain while carrying weight, and from what I've heard the Belleville Mini-Mils are in the same boat, but none of them have a 0mm drop, which just kind of annoys me.
Yeah, boot three would have been ideal if they have a military friendly version. Oh well, next time you should get a real job, you hippy!
You never know, though, and Boot three may be released in tan suede. I'm sure you're not the only military guy looking for some minimalist boots. THe market is growing. Eventually there will be someone who puts something out that is really good.

bone_naga

Explorer
Yeah, boot three would have been ideal if they have a military friendly version. Oh well, next time you should get a real job, you hippy!
You never know, though, and Boot three may be released in tan suede. I'm sure you're not the only military guy looking for some minimalist boots. THe market is growing. Eventually there will be someone who puts something out that is really good.
I'm sure you're right, I'm just impatient. Sometimes I have to remind myself that the minimalist market is still a bit niche.

I'm sure you're right, I'm just impatient. Sometimes I have to remind myself that the minimalist market is still a bit niche.
Yeah, unfortunately. Eventually the minimalist market will be more mainstream. I've noticed that there are less and less super cushioned shoes with ridiculous garbage design being advertised. Hopefully things keep going the wy they are and more minimalist, or at least approaching minimalist, shoes get released.

I can't wait to see what Vibram and other minimalist companies release this year.

Grehnhewe

First Post
I have got a couple good deals on some shoes I like, I think most of the shoe companies release their new models in the spring? Sometimes if I find some shoes I really like, I like to buy a couple of pairs. Like, you know?

bone_naga

Explorer
I have got a couple good deals on some shoes I like, I think most of the shoe companies release their new models in the spring? Sometimes if I find some shoes I really like, I like to buy a couple of pairs. Like, you know?
Do you go through shoes that quickly that you expect to need a couple pairs of the same shoe?

Remove ads