• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Gaming Excel Spreadsheets

naloomi

First Post
Evening folks. One of the house rules of my home campaign is that the more expensive a magic item is, the more likely it would to be cursed. Because of this, I am rolling an awful lot to find out if the item is cursed. This starts getting old after having rolled for 10 months now.

So, as a fix to this, I have started to create an Excel spreadsheet (actually working on several different ones that do different things, one of which is an updated to 3.5 version of Steve's Character Sheet. I have all the feats, core classes, and PrC's from the core rulebooks added. I update from different books as needed.) that automates curses for me. I have done all the curses from the DMG, Arms & Equipment Guide, & Book of Vile Darkness.

Another spreadsheet being worked on is a random magic item generator so that I can do Item Generation from multiple books.

My questions are thus:
Would people want to use programs like this?

Is there anyone out there willing to help me debug said spreadsheets?

Thoughts?

Naloomi

mikebr99

Explorer
naloomi said:
So, as a fix to this, I have started to create an Excel spreadsheet (actually working on several different ones that do different things, one of which is an updated to 3.5 version of Steve's Character Sheet. I have all the feats, core classes, and PrC's from the core rulebooks added. I update from different books as needed.) that automates curses for me. I have done all the curses from the DMG, Arms & Equipment Guide, & Book of Vile Darkness.

My questions are thus:
Would people want to use programs like this?

Is there anyone out there willing to help me debug said spreadsheets?

Thoughts?

Naloomi
Hi there, Naloomi.

I am a great fan of Steve's Character sheet, and would like to get my hands on a very up to date version (i.e. 3.5).

However I feel, that I, being the DM is enough of a "curse" for my players... Are you able to turn that part of the character magic selection process off?

thanks...

Mike

naloomi

First Post
mikebr99 said:
I am a great fan of Steve's Character sheet, and would like to get my hands on a very up to date version (i.e. 3.5).

However I feel, that I, being the DM is enough of a "curse" for my players... Are you able to turn that part of the character magic selection process off?

I can send you my current version or I can post it on my old website and post the link here. Which would you prefer?

The item curse sheet is a completely separate sheet. I have not, and would not incorporate it into Steve's sheet. It is it's own file, as is the item generator that I am working on, but I will incorporate the curse file into my item generator once it is finished.

Naloomi

Last edited:

Ghostwind

First Post
Naloomi, I can post your work to my site if you want. I'm starting to learn Excel better so I can do exactly what you are doing, making a character generator that actually works. If you'd like me to host it or just send it to me, drop me an email.

Last edited:

naloomi

First Post
AutoSponge said:
However, I'm interested in your magic item generator if you want to send me what you have I'll take a look at it.

It is in no way ready for prime time. I still have a lot of work to be done on it. Once nearing completion, I will gladly e-mail you a copy of it or post it somewhere as a beta version.

Naloomi

Last edited:

mikebr99

Explorer
naloomi said:
I can send you my current version or I can post it on my old website and post the link here. Which would you prefer?

Naloomi
Downloading from a website (your's or Ghostwind's) would be better for me... thanks

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads