• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Hampshire RPG Convention (OGC)

Nine Hands

Explorer
Nellisir said:
Sadly, there's almost nothing in Concord. I go to PB or the Wizard's (PB has a better discount program and comics).

Cheers
Nell.

Well the Game Castle is only 30 minutes south of you on Rt. 93 (exit 4). I think there is a hobby shop in Hooksett too, which is a little farther North on Rt. 93.

Nellisir

Hero
Nine Hands said:
Well the Game Castle is only 30 minutes south of you on Rt. 93 (exit 4). I think there is a hobby shop in Hooksett too, which is a little farther North on Rt. 93.

The only hobby shop I knew of in Hooksett closed (or moved, I suppose) maybe 10 years ago? I'll have to check out the Game Castle, though.

Nellisir

Hero
dougmander said:
Atlas Games is launching Northern Crown at GenCon in August. There's a chance I might have my comp copies by the end of July -- if so, I'll bring them along for you to take a peep at.
I'd like to demo a Northern Crown game at Wizard's Tower in Nashua sometime soon after that, so maybe you'd be up for that?

The adverts for Northern Crown are in this months Game Trade Magazine, along with some preview pages. That's gotta be a cool feeling.

Cheers
Nell.
Wondering if he should preorder, or just scam them off the author. ;)

Nine Hands

Explorer
OGC is this weekend. I know I will be pretty busy running and even playing in a couple of Events.

Here is my schedule if anyone is interested, feel free to find me and smack me upside the head ;)

Slot 1 -- Friday 2pm to 6pm
A017 "This Can't End Well"
D&D game run by John Terra

Slot 2 -- Friday 8pm to Midnight
A002 "A Favor Asked"
A Stargate game I am running

Slot 3 -- Friday Midnight to whenever
A040 "Space Cadets"
A Robotech: Fuzion game I will be running, heavy on mecha combat. Look for the guy with the gigantic battle mat, the laptop and the large bottle of Diet Pepsi :)

Slot 4
Sleeping in a little

Slot 5 -- Saturday 2pm to 6pm
A027 "Because You Demanded It"
A Mutants and Masterminds game run by Steve Kenson

Slot 6 -- Saturday 8pm to Midnight
A037 "Next Year Will Be Much Better"
A Robotech: Fuzion game I will be running, heavy on roleplay and getting shot at :)

Slot 7 and 8 (completely off)

Slot 9 -- Sunday 2pm to 6pm
A003 "Gundwynd's Gamble"
I will be running a FR D&D event

Slot 10 :)
Drinks at the closest bar with the rest of the convention staff.

Since there is a 2 hour break between Slot 5 and 6 on Saturday maybe we can meet at the registration desk. I'll try to drag Lisa (the convention chairperson, taskmaster and my wife) along.

dougmander

Explorer
Nellisir said:
The adverts for Northern Crown are in this months Game Trade Magazine, along with some preview pages. That's gotta be a cool feeling.

Cheers
Nell.
Wondering if he should preorder, or just scam them off the author. ;)

Preorder! No chance of scamming them from me! My hard copies haven't come yet -- they were just shipped today via USPS from Minnesota. But i'll be at the con on Saturday around noon to chat with you all anyway.

Nellisir

Hero
dougmander said:
Preorder! No chance of scamming them from me! My hard copies haven't come yet -- they were just shipped today via USPS from Minnesota. But i'll be at the con on Saturday around noon to chat with you all anyway.

Ah, good thing I ordered them yesterday!

And...shoot. I forgot the con was this weekend. Guess I'll try and swing down Saturday, but so much for playing.... :\

Nell.

dougmander

Explorer
Stopped by OGC briefly on Saturday -- I was really heartened by how many enthusiastic gamers I saw huddled around the tables. I didn't have a chance to talk to many folks, but I did eavesdrop on a few games. It really killed me that I don't have time these days to actually sit down and play a game for four hours!
I'll try to plan ahead for next year to attend OGC long enough to DM a game. Kudos to the organizers of the con for putting on a great event. Good work!

Remove ads