New Home for Iron Heroes

Sir Elton

First Post
Varianor Abroad said:
The "complete new magic system" is complete. And very cool. :) (I got to playtest it, and now that word's out, I don't mind saying that. Can't say more yet of course.)

That's okay, I use Advanced d20 Magic. :)

philreed

Adventurer
Supporter
TarionzCousin said:
I give you permission to take a hike to San Marcos (in case of errant meteor strike), where my group will gladly playtest any thoughts you may have for 101 Zones

Hell, I can ride my bike to the Hastings in San Marcos in 30 minutes. :) Walking, though, might take a bit longer.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
philreed said:
I think we're stuck in a loop until someone steps in and:

A. Gives me permission.
B. Tells me to take a hike.
C. A meteor flattens my house.

I'm hoping A happens first.
Casts meteor swarm over Phil Reed's house. :p

Edheldur

First Post
Gilwen said:
I don't even know what Zones are but if Phil writes it I'll buys it :)
Basically, zones are streamlined guidelines that allow interaction between characters and their environment. Things like tossing a rolling barrel from some stairs, leaping onto something's back to attack it and similar cinematic things like that. While they are not new things to the game, the guidelines by Mike Mearls (IH's author) are simply great and simple. (You can find the preview of them HERE)

Other notable mechanics from IH include stunts (which you can preview HERE) and challenges (I've adopted the zones and stunts rules into my game to a great effect).

Thus, I would love to see Phill write 101 zones.

Last edited:

Remove ads