D&D 5E New iOS app for 5E encounter tracking (DM's only)

j3x

First Post

Attachments

• screen1.png
    screen1.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 1,455
  • screen2.png
    screen2.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 1,139
Last edited:

pukunui

Legend
Looks pretty good. I'm assuming it's just got whatever's in the SRD in it by default. Can a user modify the entries or add their own?

j3x

First Post
Yes, SRD content is included by default and you can also import custom content as well in XML and JSON file format compatible with other similar apps. Add and edit is possible too.

If you are interested, please send me your email, I will include you in beta testing. Thanks

Sir Brennen

Legend
Looks nice! I'm a big fan of your tools. Unfortunately, I'm not running a 5E game currently, or I'd give the Beta a spin.

A few questions:

How different will this be than the Encounter feature in the Game Master tool?
Did you feel there was a strong enough demand for a separate encounter builder rather than modifying the one in Game Master?
I'm guessing the answer to this is "Yes", but will this support importing PCs from Fight Club like Game Master?

j3x

First Post
Well, Im not a developer of Game Master tool or any other similar tools currently available :)

Basically the main difference between this app and GM5 is that you are not preparing your encounters in advance. There is only one combat encounter where you can quickly add/remove monsters and do initiative and health tracking on the fly.

Sir Brennen

Legend
Well, Im not a developer of Game Master tool or any other similar tools currently available :)

Oh shoot! I was making an assumption based on your post in the other thread on electronic tools! My bad. Doesn't help that alot of IOS apps have the same look. I may also be a little groggy after staying up late to watch a certain baseball game that went into overtime.

Still, I tend to pick up many different electronic apps, and I'll probably give this a whirl when in release.

Some other questions then:

Can PCs be entered and saved for re-use in other encounters?
Does the tool help with calculating encounter level?
Can you track conditions and spell duration?

Last edited:

j3x

First Post
Can PCs be entered and saved for re-use in other encounters?
Yes, you can reset encounter which will remove all monsters but not players.

Does the tool help with calculating encounter level?
You can see total XP for all monsters in encounter. I think its possible to add also encounter level based on that. Any idea where can I find more information about this?

Can you track conditions and spell duration?
Not yet, Im still thinking how can I approach this one. My D&D group is only lvl 6, so we didn't fight many spell casters :) Any recommendation would be appreciated. :)

Remove ads