• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Neverwinter Nights Game Probably On Its Way

S

Sunseeker

Lucas didn't approach Bioware. It was the other way around... You are right about them wanting to develop their own IPs though.

Which they have nearly done with SWTOR, it's such an impossible mish-mash of different eras of Star Wars that it's more of an alternate universe than something that could actually be canon.

Holy Bovine

First Post
Innerdud said:
And what is it with Pathfinder and "roleplaying?!?" I might as well be playing a green army man figure from a Dollar Tree store on a battle mat . . . . I'm just a static bunch of stats, with no personality, choosing bipolar attack or cast powerz just trying to find the "right" answer that's supposed to give me the "optimum build" so I can beat the next encounter.

:D

(Sorry, Pathfinder lovers, the comparison was just too apt for me to resist. Game on! I really hope I didn't hurt anyone's feelings.)

There - edited for tr00th!

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
(Sorry, 4e lovers, the comparison was just too apt for me to resist. Game on! I really hope I didn't hurt anyone's feelings.)

If you need to include an apology, the post was a bad idea to begin with. Do you really wish us to believe your self-control is so weak that you literally couldn't resist?

Next time, resist. Really.

There - edited for tr00th!

Because fighting fire with fire is so constructive! :erm:

Ladies and gentlemen, do not continue with edition and game warring in this thread.

WizarDru

Adventurer
We wouldn't. The travesty that is the current DDO would be scrapped for something, anything, much better :D

Seeing how it has become more profitable in the last year the several that preceded it and has increased it's membership by a factor of 5-10...I don't think you're going to get your wish in that regard. Wouldn't be the first time I was wrong, though.

JVisgaitis

Explorer
Which they have nearly done with SWTOR, it's such an impossible mish-mash of different eras of Star Wars that it's more of an alternate universe than something that could actually be canon.

I don't agree. I know quite a few people who work there including their managing editor who is also one of the main writers. The game is VERY respectful of the Star Wars IP.

Derren

Hero
Even I, the most obnoxious 4E hater du jour, would like to see another D&D game, no matter the edition (as all the complains I have about 4E don't apply to video games).
Sadly, as far as the rumor mill goes it doesn't look good.

As it was said before, everything points to Atari announcing a Neverwinter Nights MMO by Cryptic.
And Cryptic is not known to make high quality MMOs. Their games tend to be rather simplistic but also very customizable.

What their games ultimately boil down to is "You have a overland map with groups of monsters in there and NPCs. The NPCs give you quests to go into a building and kill all monsters in there"

I think both their recent MMOS, Champions Online and Star Trek Online are free to play til level 15 or so. So you can see for yourself that Cryptic making the game is not a good thing. Still they are a logical choice as they already have experience with MMOs for PnP games (Champions).

nedjer

Adventurer
Looked at MMORPGs in detail over the last couple of weeks for blogging. In short, NWN is happening, EA have something different up their sleeve and it'd be slightly mad to buy this year with a big shake up, and out, on the way. Unless you have an independent, residual income, in which case Eve online can become your whole life :cool:

Remove ads