D&D 5E New playtest packet available.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
Iron hide is weird. AC is there to stop you getting injured, right? So our typical LV 1 barbrian literally has abs of steel that cannot be injured?

The # of rages/rest is a little fiddly. "Once per short rest but no more than X per day." I think it's just an awkward wording thing.

I don't really like the drawback for raging. Being in a whirling fury is an EXCELLENT opportunity to leverage reactions -- instinctive, fast, without thought. The fluff works really well there.

I think the barbarian feels a little more "hardy" than the fighter. Most of the rage abilities are actually defensive abilities, which...I dunno. They make sense, but it's not the "RARGH SMASH!" kind of unstoppable rampage I think of.

I think Rage should be more extreme. Bigger bonus, bigger penalty. Make it something a little risky, or at least that feels a little risky.

babomb

First Post
In case anyone else is wondering about what specifically was clarified for cleric and monk, here's what I found, with the help of a pdf-diffing tool:
Cleric:
  • Fixed a formatting error that resulted in placement of "Level 1: Spellcasting" subheader and first three sentences of the following paragraph appearing at the top of the second column, as well as the word "prepared." in the paragraph starting with "Casting a spell" appearing at the end of the first column instead of in the second.
  • Text for Words of power added (or copied/moved from somewhere else?).
Monk:
  • One instance of "path of stone's endurance" was accidentally written as "path of storm's endurance".
There were also a few minor formatting changes, but that's it.

DonAdam

Explorer
Anyone else disappointed that so much of the stuff discussed in the Google hangout (weapon dice as martial damage dice, etc.) didn't make it in?

Remove ads