• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E New Podcast: New DDM rules and their 4E origins

rkanodia

First Post
It sounded to me like 4E will count diagonals as being one space, and that the Player's Handbook doesn't have any 'cone' templates.

Dragonblade

Adventurer
Mostly about DDM, but some interesting tidbits. No cone effect powers in the PHB, diagonals count as 1 always, and an offhand comment about static hitpoints that I assume means that 4e hp will not be rolled and will be a flat amount every level.

delericho

Legend
Dragonblade said:
Mostly about DDM, but some interesting tidbits. No cone effect powers in the PHB,

Fair enough. Doesn't do much good for Cone of Cold, though. :)

diagonals count as 1 always,

That's just dumb. So, I can move 35 ft or just under 50 ft, depending on whether I can arrange to move on a diagonal?

Seriously, I'm all for simplifying, but it's really hard to defend this against the charge of dumbing down the game.

and an offhand comment about static hitpoints that I assume means that 4e hp will not be rolled and will be a flat amount every level.

This, however, I'm very glad to finally see implemented. I rather suspect it will prove to be the most controversial of the changes, though - lots of people really like rolling their hit points.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads