• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New products?

Cyronax

Explorer
since the other player option is not a reprint of old material, I hope this Player Option: Heroes of Feywild is something new :)

I think it will be as well. I definitely don't think it'll be a reprint of anything from Primal Power, though I agree with Jhaelen's other projections. WotC's flavor text for the primal power source has it tied deep into the fabric of the 'natural world.'

If anything, Heroes of the Feywild will be a trove for arcanists.

We might also see some more about the rivalries of the different seasonal archfey Courts and the unfortunately named Feydark.

C.I.D.

Aegeri

First Post
Feydark is an hilarious bad concept to be honest. I try to avoid thinking about it or naming it when we go into Feywild based dungeons. I honestly don't think Heroes of Feywild will be a reprint of stuff from Primal Power.

chitzk0i

Explorer
To me, the title of the Advanced Dungeon Master's Guide will be meant to answer two questions: a) Wait, what was in this book again? and b) Is this book for me?

DMZ2112

Chaotic Looseleaf
They are pretty much keeping up with most of the pillars, just avoiding the numbers.

And the names. They're not pillars anymore without the names. That's the whole point. I mean, of course the content is going to remain the same. The game is what the game is.

Neverfate

First Post
And the names. They're not pillars anymore without the names. That's the whole point. I mean, of course the content is going to remain the same. The game is what the game is.

Just to state some things that WotC has mentioned in Dragon editorials and so on, the numbered books (PHB3, MP2, DMG2) weren't really effectively marketable. This is why the books have more elaborate names that don't even really mean anything. "Player's Essentials: Heroes of the Fallen Lands" is more evocative of a fantasy role playing game. It's business and marketing. Get used to it.

There will not be a PHB4 or AV3. There may be content that follows very closely to what those books would have been.

Personally, I'd like to see if the ADMG has some things to say about Epic Tier campaigns.

This is also unlikely. Every time WotC gleams information from the community they find there are not many players playing Epic tier. Also, considering they are just NOW fixing the game to how they want it to be at Heroic tier, it'll be 2012 when we see support for epic (they mentioned this to be the likely scenario, but things may have changed).

Last edited:

DMZ2112

Chaotic Looseleaf
It's business and marketing. Get used to it.

I know what it is, Neverfate, it's money before love of the game. I got used to it as soon as DDi was announced. Doesn't make it any less disappointing.

And marketable or not, the old names were clear. A new player knew they needed to buy the Player's Handbook and then later perhaps the Player's Handbook 2. Heroes of the Fallen Lands and Forgotten Kingdoms, indeed. Might as well call it Dungeons & Dragons: Doorbell Cat.

...Probably less marketable, though.

Remove ads