New RPG coming out soon?

Writr24

First Post
Does anyone know if Fantasy Flight is coming out with another Star Wars RPG that will allow you to be a jedi/ sith for only canon universe?

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Besides Force and Destiny? They just had a Guardian splat book come out a week or two ago. I don't think they have plans for another core book.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Current canon is the movies, animated show, and a couple of new books and comics. The EU has been declared "non-canon" - meaning that new content makes no promises of being consistent with it.

Lord Zack

Explorer
Current canon is the movies, animated show, and a couple of new books and comics. The EU has been declared "non-canon" - meaning that new content makes no promises of being consistent with it.

Of course Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars RPG is consistent with neither canon nor Legends.

Chimpy

First Post
Surely the group of players decides how canon they want to be? The content from the books just provides options. I'm sure it's possible just to pick choices that fit with what you want.

What kind of things were you thinking of?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Surely the group of players decides how canon they want to be? The content from the books just provides options. I'm sure it's possible just to pick choices that fit with what you want.

Well, the OP presumably represents the players in this case, and stipulated canon.

If you are at a restaurant, and you order "no onions, no pickles" on your burger, and the server brings you a burger with onions and pickles and tells you you can just pick them off, are you going to be happy with the server? Admittedly, in this case, the OP isn't *paying* for our advice, but still.

What you get to next is actually the important bit - what about canon is important? History? Current setting information? Powers available to Jedi? Ship descriptions? What really *needs* to be canon, and where can we not worry so much about that requirement?

Chimpy

First Post
Three thoughts:

1. What is canon? For example the Jedi forms (Shi-Cho, Niman etc) aren't mentioned by names in the films, CGI TV series or new books, but clearly some Force users are using these techniques in the aforementioned media. It seems pedantic to disregard them. Disney themselves have said there are levels of canon, it's not black and white.

2. There is so much stuff in The Clone Wars, Rebels, and the new books that I think very little would need to be removed from the FFG series to "canonise" it. For example I think most of the planets in the FFG books are mentioned in canon sources.

3. I would argue having a fun game is more important than worrying about canoninity.

Does anyone know if Fantasy Flight is coming out with another Star Wars RPG that will allow you to be a jedi/ sith for only canon universe?
Nobody is in the process of putting out a game that is canon-only. The difficulty in determining what is canon, at this point, is prohibitive for a company to even try.

If you want a game that is canon-only, then you need to figure out what is canon, and edit the books yourself. Even after you did that, the instant you make a character, you've left the canon.

Remove ads