• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

elecgraystone

First Post
"I'm Ts'iri. I quess you could call be an arcane skirmisher, though I'm far from helpless in melee. You'll find I'm also quite hard to hurt." Ts'iri smiles and waits for the others to speak.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Indeed." Mri'Thas nods to Ts`iri. "I'm Mri'Thas, a scholar of sorts. Most call me a wizard, although I believe such characterizations are poor witted. Titles and names are not important." Declares the githyanki male.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock]
ARRGH!

This stupid laptop has a "go back" button RIGHT ABOVE the left-arrow key, and I keep hitting it right on the fifth or sixth paragraph of my posts! On every other site I post it, hitting "go back" and then "go forward" brings back the text you were typing, but not this one!

Well, I don't have any time to redo it, I've gotta go. I'm going to be out of town until Thursday, I'll post again then.
[/sblock]

7 Rabbit explains what an astronomer is to Soldier, thanks everyone for stopping the fire before it consumed the library where he spent the last month, and says that he'll explain what's going on when he's sure nobody else will be joining. He also expresses an opinion that they have a good range of skills now, but they might want a sneaky person along.

ukingsken

First Post
I know not about zees armiez but zer iz somezing suzpizious. Lord Belingras vill explain more. Follow me.

[Sblock=OOC] I'll open the thread tonight when I get the chance, I sent another message to Brain letting him know the thread is opening. If he doesnt post there in a day or so we'll proceed sans Vixo.[/sblock]

Erekose13

Explorer
ooc: just getting back from vacation will post tomorrow, but Callen will stick with Mri'Thas, Ts'iri, Kama'zer, and Soldier if there is room.

Mewness

First Post
One year ago...

In a dark corner, a naked, indigo-skinned man appears, curled in the fetal position. The inn is full of noise and activity, and nobody seems to notice as the man opens eyes his eyes and blinks. He sits up and looks around, face somewhat blank, as though he is gazing at something very distant. Apparently unashamed of his nakedness, he stands up and walks quietly to the door of the Hanged Man and out into the night.

Present day:

A tall, slender man with indigo skin quietly enters the tavern. He is simply dressed, in peasant garb and worn leathers, with a turban concealing his hair, if he has any. "It seems this one has returned home," he murmurs softly, quirking his mouth into the tiniest hint of a smile.

Seeing a serving boy, he bows very deeply. "This person of no consequence is called One-Who-Waits," he says. "He is most ashamed to inconvenience the honored host with his request for food. Doubtless he lacks the cultivation necessary to appreciate the honored host's fine provender; therefore he would gratefully accept whatever poor morsel the honored host might feel is not adequate to feed the animals." One-Who-Waits delivers his speech and his bow with gentle dignity, and without any hint of irony.

The boy, somewhat bemused, soon returns with bread and soup.

Dunamin

First Post
Meanwhile, in a corner of the tavern, a bizarre sound test seems to be taking place.

Rhole, a quirky flamboyantly-dressed gnome with huge hair rolled up into cylinders, is strumming his lute-like component instrument, the Great Ultra-Intense Thundering Audio Ripper. His outrageously long goatee is unrolled from the chin and somehow connected to serve as strings on the instrument.

On his shoulder perches Rock, his miniscule gargoyle assistant and bass player. Currently, the tiny stone creature is ringing a comparably tiny percussion triangle while going through a solfège routine.

“Mi mi mi miii!” it chirps.

Rhole subtly plucks his strings in response, somehow “tuning” his hair to match the tone. This goes on for some time until locks and curls are properly attuned, infrequently tested with short musical pieces of groovy rhythm and wailing riffs.

The front door creaks open and a shady elf slips in, glancing around the hall. Rudely ignoring the name-declaration tradition, the discretely clad fey creeps past patrons until looming near Rhole and presenting a piece of parchment.

“Ah!” smiles the gnome and reaches for a quill. “Who shall I adress the autograph to?”

The elf gives a look of confusion, then hands over the parchment and leaves without a word. Upon closer inspection, Rhole discovers it to be some sort of letter for him and he quickly skims through it.

A smile quickly spreads from cheek to cheek and on conclusion he stuffs it somewhere under his vest, gives a parting bow to the tavern patrons, and hurries out of the tavern as well (almost bumping into One-Who-Waits at the door).

[sblock=OOC]Cryptic adventure-introductions FTW![/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads