New Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Tomalak

First Post
[sblock=OOC] Minharath is so humble and yet smooth that even the DM didn't notice him palm the cash >.>[/sblock]

[sblock=Question for the Judges]If I want to log an action with one of my characters that doesn't directly pertain to his current adventure, or especially is between an adventure, how should I do that?[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
Adventure complete, Jin returned to the tavern. It was the only place close to a home for him here in this foreign city. He nodded to the occupants and ordered a drink. Jin was not the type to boast about their successes; Fenwick would do enough of that for the both of them. Instead, he sat at the bar and reflected on their successful and his personal failures. Except for saving the life of a comrade, he felt that he did not help much, other than distracting the enemies. While he avoided most of the enemies attacks, he hardly landed any of his own.

I must train harder, Jin thought, I must become one with the sword. And with that thought, his mind went to his father's blade, now transformed--or had it always been that way? What other secrets did this ancient blade hold?

[sblock=Jin's Status]
Waiting on another adventure from HMG. But I would enjoy roleplaying between now and then.
[/sblock][sblock=Jin Stat block]Ashikaga Jin'emon - Male Human Ranger 2
Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: +18, Passive Insight: +14
Defenses:
AC: 17, Fort: 16, Reflex: 17, Will: 14 -- Speed: 6

Vitality:
HP: 32/32, Bloodied: 16, Surge Value: 8, Surges left: 6/6
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Languages:
Common, Elven

Basic Attacks
:
:bmelee: Basic Melee Attack: +8 vs AC - Acidic Katana 1d10+5
:ranged: Ranged Basic Attack: +7 vs AC - Thrown Dagger 1D4+3

Powers:
At-Will:
Hunter's Quarry, Twin Strike, Shield of Blades, Hit & Run
Encounter: Off-Hand Strike, Acidic Katana Ranged Attack, Healer's Gift
Daily: Jaws of the Wolf, Acid Katana Attack

Weapons:
1 Acidic Katana (Acidic Bastard Sword +1 stats)
1 Katana (Bastard Sword stats)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
Talon and Dayna return to the Hanged Man after their adventure. Padding into the building, the two wolves make their way to the fireplace and lay down on the floor to lick their wounds.

A bit later, Talon shifts back to his humanoid form to get some food and a bowl of water for Dayna. He nods to Jin as he orders some food for himself also. Pulling the engraved box out of his pack, Talon begins sorting through the rune covered pages they recovered to try and figure out the code.

[sblock=OOC]Talon is also just returned from HMG's first adventure and is awaiting the start of the second one.[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
A dwarf enters the Hanged Man, smelling of sea salt and fish. “Ahoy! Name’s Fargo Flintcrusher, an’ m'ship’s taken part ‘ere in yer gods forsaken ‘arber fer th' night. Any you lily-livered scallywags ‘a fron’ me a drink?” He laughs jovially, slapping the nearest total stranger on the back as if they were old friends. He marches up to Jin and takes the seat beside him, “An’ how ye be sar? Ye look a wee bi' outa sarts far soch a strappin' yung lad!" Fargo adjusts his stool and turns to face Jin. He looks over the rhonin's armor, "Aye’ve sailed the shifting seas from star to falls, but ne’er seen a lad the likes o’ yerself this side o' the land o' the green stone. Tell ‘ol Fargo yer starry.” He momentarily turns to get the attention of the bartender, "Sar! A point far me an' m'new fond friend!"

[sblock=OOC]Fargo's not a PC. He's an NPC part of the continuing adventure Hey! That's Not Wayne's Basement. The party will be RPing here while they wait for XP and/or leveling approval.[/sblock]

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=Answer to Question for the Judges]
If I want to log an action with one of my characters that doesn't directly pertain to his current adventure, or especially is between an adventure, how should I do that?

What kind of action? If you want to log a mechanical change (like, when levelling up, "I neglected my studies but spent all last week in the arena training to fight, which is how I retrained Arcane Initiate to Student of the Sword", put it on your character sheet somewhere. If it's something you want your character to do IC which doesn't really affect anyone else, you could put it in an sblock here in the tavern even if it doesn't actually take place there. For example, if you wanted to establish that you've spent time at the docks asking sailors off incoming ships for news of the uncharted isle where your father disappeared, you could post:

Minharath says, "Since we have some time before we are to meet, I have some other business to take care of." He leaves the tavern.

[sblock=At the Docks]
Minharath spends the rest of the afternoon asking sailors off incoming ships for news of the uncharted isle where hir father disappeared.
[/sblock]

You could also post an article in The Screamer, if you can think of a good format (could be a news bite, a want ad, an "in lighter news" bit...)
[/sblock]

Ghdeh1

First Post
Jehad leans over and grabs a pouch of coinage slipping it deftly into his boot. Before Jyles leaves he asks "What's in the package?" Not really expecting an answer he turns around and signs Jehad Nightingale; Sorcerer. After gathering the rest of his items he follows his allies out of the tavern.

Tenchuu

First Post
"Two Pint of Wayne's Ale," Jin corrected, "It is Daunton's Finest Ale For Over A Century. On me." Well, technically it was on old Vanquat, but details were boring. "I'm Jin."

The ronin was reluctant to speak of his past, though he did not want to be rude. "It is fine armor indeed, though I wish I could say it has been in my family for generations. There is a story on how it came from there to here, along with myself, but you must tell me your story first; I insist. I wager it will be far more interesting than my own."

DMDanW

First Post
"What's in the package?"

Thorn signs the parchment. His only question is asking directions to the emporium.

“Ahh yes the directions, how thoughtless of me” Jyles replies, and he pulls out six envelopes from his pocket, handling one to each of you. Inside is an address and a simple map showing you how to get to the Emporium.

“And regarding the contents of the package, that is a question for Lord Ogglebottom.” Jyles replies to Jehad.

When everyone has signed the paper and taken their money, and if there are no other questions, Jyles turns and leaves.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK everyone, when you are ready please make your way over to the adventure thread;

http://www.enworld.org/forum/living...-nights-work-dm-dmdanw-judge.html#post5041063

Remove ads