New Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Tomalak

First Post
The robed man standing in the doorway allows his gaze to play across the room before entering slowly, asking "who will lead this expedition?" His voice is quiet but firm, his calm presence almost tangibly dampening the usual ambient noise of the tavern.

Banesfinger

Explorer
Thorn looks more concerned about finishing his cheese and ale than picking a leader. He does manage to growl something about, "Anyone here have experience in matters of theft?". (He's looking for a rogue-type).

He gulps more ale and waits for Jyles to give more details about the job.

Tomalak

First Post
Frowning at the underwhelming response, the man turns his intense gaze to Jyles, saying "I have been called here. I offer my services as healer and speaker to your expedition."

DMDanW

First Post
“Alright then,” Jyles begins. “Now that there are enough of you here I can tell you what the job is about. As I mentioned before my name is Jyles Delaurier. I am the personal aid for Lord Renthwaite Ogglebottom. Two days ago a courier carrying a particularly important parcel was waylaid by a group of bandits. The parcel was stolen and the courier killed.

Now this is why I have come to recruit all of you. Lord Ogglebottom has received additional information regarding the whereabouts of the parcel, and he requires your aid in retrieving it. I am not allowed to share anything further with you at this point, but I am authorized to place a down payment with each of you in the sum of 25 gold coins. Lord Ogglebottom himself wishes to fill you in on the rest of the details, and will meet you at the Extraordinary Emporium of Exotic Exports, no later than the 6th bell (6pm).
By accepting this down payment, you agree in principal to undertake the job, and I then expect to see each of you at the Emporium later.”

He reaches into his coat pocket and pulls out six small coin pouches and places them down on the table. He then produces a piece of paper from another coat pocket and places it on the table. “If you could please sign your name and um, profession, here….” Jyles points to the blank page. “Lord Ogglebottom would just like to know whom to expect tonight at the Emporium.”

After everyone signs he stands and straightens his coat. “This room is available to you for the rest of the day. You may want to familiarize yourselves with one another in preparation for tonight. If you would like any additional refreshments just ask – it will all be covered by Lord Ogglebottom.”

[FONT=&quot]He waits for just a moment for any questions and then leaves.[/FONT]

[sblock=OOC list of names]
Do not be afraid of signing the list - I just want a finalized roster and was feeling a bit lazy still from Christmas.....
[/sblock]

[FONT=&quot][sblock=OOC][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hey all, hope everyone enjoyed the holidays.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
If you have any questions for Jyles before he leaves, ask away.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I will start a thread for the adventure and post the link here shortly (hopefully today), but please feel free to get to know one another here first. As well, if you feel the need to go spend your deposit or any other money you may have, now is the time.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/sblock]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Last edited:

Banesfinger

Explorer
Thorn signs the parchment. His only question is asking directions to the emporium.

He orders another block of cheese, which he promptly tucks in his ragged furs before whisking out the door towards the emporium.

[sblock=OOC]
Thorn is a pretty straight-forward Fighter/Defender. His Longspear gives him the ability to 'Reach' opponents at a distance. [/sblock]

RedBeardJim

First Post
Gellan frowns in concentration as he scrawls his name on the roster, followed by "hunter". "I greet you all," he says to the others in the room. "I am Gellan, and I have skill with these blades if this work leads us into danger, as sounds likely."

Tomalak

First Post
[sblock=List of Names]Minharath, Physician, Counselor, Spiritual Advisor[/sblock]

After all have signed the parchment, the stern man in flowing robes looks intently at each face, as if memorizing your features (OOC: Which is of course, exactly what he's doing, and associating proper forms of address), then speaks. "I am Minharath, devoted healer, guide, and spiritual advisor devoted to an order in service of - 'Juna.' I will see you this evening."

With that, he turns and walks out without a backward glance.

DMDanW

First Post
[sblock=Thorn & Minharath]
So did you guys not want the 25gp down payment that Jyles placed on the table?

Flashback....
...He reaches into his coat pocket and pulls out six small coin pouches and places them down on the table. He then produces a piece of paper from another coat pocket and places it on the table. “If you could please sign your name and um, profession, here….”

You both left without picking up the coin pouches. Just thought I'd let you know....
[/sblock]

Remove ads