New Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Banesfinger

Explorer
A ragged looking shifter walks through the door. He wears old scale armor that appears to have never been up-kept. It is hard to tell where the furry pelts he wears ends and his own matted fur begins.
He holds an old wooden long spear that looks like a blind child carved.

He glances around the room - his eye twitching nervously as other patrons look back at him. He sniffs at the air, as if searching for a particular odor. Skittishly he makes his way to the bar, careful to avoid other patrons.

As the barkeep approaches, he bears his incisors and lets out a small growl, "Name’s Thorn", before ordering a drink.

It is painfully obvious to everyone in the tavern (except Thorn) that the Shifter is trying to listen-in on conversations and sniffing the air.

Mewness

First Post
One-Who-Waits quietly heads for the tavern door. Passing Thorn on the way, he bows his head to the shifter politely. Then he exits.

DMDanW

First Post
An adventure hook walks into a bar....

A finely dressed half elf walks into the tavern and looks around at all the patrons, as one would inspect produce prior to purchase.

Those close to him hear him mutter under his breath “Hmm, I suppose these will have to do”, and he walks over to the bartender.

As they discuss something the half elf drops a small pouch on the bar that has the distinctive clank of numerous coins. The bartender snatches it up quicker than one would think he could move and points towards an open doorway in the back. The half elf then turns and clears his throat.

“Greetings, I am Jyles Delaurier.I am told this establishment is the place to recruit those who call themselves adventurers. My employer would like to acquire the services of a few of you for this evening. The task involves the recovery of a stolen item. If you are interested, I will be waiting in the private dining area at the rear of this establishment. I will divulge more information regarding the task then.”

The haughty half elf then turns abruptly and strides to the back room, apparently somewhat annoyed at having to recruit adventurers.

[SBLOCK=OOC: Adventure hook]
OK so this is a 1st level adventure for 5 or so characters. I can adjust as necessary for group size and 2nd level characters as well. If interested please follow the man into the back room....
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Fragsie

Explorer
Psais

Psais bows to the tavern as a whole; "Thank you for your hospitality and company." he says formally before turning and following the three employers out of the doors.

Velmont

First Post
"Recovering stolen items... might be fine enough." tells Gloom to himself. He stands up and follow the half-elf. "I am interested. I'm here to listen." he then looks around and see he is the first. "Let's wait for other to rpevent you to repeat yourself uselessly."

[SBLOCK=OOC]Gloom, a lvl2 longtooth shifter Ardent paladin.[/SBLOCK]

RedBeardJim

First Post
Gellan waves goodbye to Psais and Yimayngurr as they leave, then shivers to himself. A sea voyage...I think not.

A finely dressed half elf walks into the tavern and looks around at all the patrons, as one would inspect produce prior to purchase.

“Greetings, I am Jyles Delaurier.I am told this establishment is the place to recruit those who call themselves adventurers. My employer would like to acquire the services of a few of you for this evening. The task involves the recovery of a stolen item. If you are interested, I will be waiting in the private dining area at the rear of this establishment. I will divulge more information regarding the task then.”

The haughty half elf then turns abruptly and strides to the back room, apparently somewhat annoyed at having to recruit adventurers.

Gellan inspects the sorry contents of his purse, then sighs. One does what one must. Upon entering the back room, he introduces himself. "I have need of work, if you have need of workers. What is the item that has been stolen?"

[sblock=OOC]Halfling barbarian at your service![/sblock]

Ghdeh1

First Post
A small head pokes up from the bar as the halfling starts to talk. Walking over to the room Jehad says, in a hoarse voice, "I am Jehad, Sorcerer Extrodinare! Prehaps you've heard of me?" He asks a note of longing in his voice. "Anyway, I'd like to volunteer to help locate the missing item."

[sblock=Jehad Nightingale]
L4W:pC:Jehad Nightingale (Ghdeh1) - ENWiki
[/sblock]

Remove ads