• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New to pbp player looking for a D&D 3.x game.

Ion

Explorer
I think I got it all in the title. I've decided I should give play by post gaming a try, and I was wondering if there were any 3.x games starting up out there looking for a new player?

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Hang in there ... D&D start-up has been a little slow the last couple of weeks, but usually there is a game getting going every few days. You might want to go through and read some of the recruiting posts even if they have 70 or 80 posts ... while that may seem like alot, the party might not yet be firmed up. Try reading through the first 10 posts or so and if you like what you read add a new post at the end asking if they still have room or if the recruitment is closed. Usually if you are polite ... most people will give you and honest answer yes or no.

Good luck!

Edit: It might be helpful if you list some things like: How often can you commit to posting? What alignments do you like to play? Favorite classes/races? etc....

Ion

Explorer
It might be helpful if you list some things like: How often can you commit to posting? What alignments do you like to play? Favorite classes/races? etc....

I figure beggers can't be choosers, so, very generally I am happy playing whatever. I'm comfortable comitting to posting at least once every two days, though in reality it would probably be more than that.

I suppose it's best to keep looking until something turns up :)

Thanks.

Bront

The man with the probe
The other options it to look for games recruiting alternates.

I know one of my Eberron games, Elven Wedding (in my Sig) is looking for 2 replacement players.

Ion

Explorer
Cool, I'll keep my eye open for those types too.

I would probably need more knowledge of Eberron than "It's the new WOTC setting" to play in your game though wouldn't I?

Scotley

Hero
You picked a bad time of year to get started. Typically, games get sparse over the holidays. Look for a boom the week after X-mas and early in Jan.

Scotley

Hero
Study for finals? Yikes! We can't have that. Start your own game. I'll play. Like the movie says 'If you build it, they will come.'

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Hey, if you feel like starting your own and you set the game to be a post/day kinda thing, I'd consider it. Of course, I prefer homebrew myself rather than all that Eberron, Realms, or Greyhawk stuff. I like to learn the world as I go.

I may have an opening for a cleric in one of my games if you are interested. [I'll know by SAT if you are interested.] Alignment restriction is GOOD only. Character must worship Pelor for the game concept. If you are interested, look in my sig and read up on the homebrew information and get a feel for the world. I can certainly keep you on the ALT list if you are interested. Oh - and I say I'll know by SAT because I've got a SAT deadline for the character sheets in the game and I currently have two players (of seven) who have not finished one. One player has it done (just not typed) and I'm pretty confident they'll get it submitted. The other player may also get it in - there are five days left - but I haven't heard from the player for a few days either. Like I said, the player has the right to the space, but if you want on the first alternate list I would be willing to consider you.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads