• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New version of Syrinscape Available

benjamin

Explorer
Greetings All...! :)

I know there are plenty of people who read this forum who downloaded the first version... so you might like to know... a new version of Syrinscape is now available.

Syrinscape 2.5 includes a couple of bug fixes and a new improved interface.

Bug fixes include:

• 'State' files in Syrinscape 2.1 would not load directories correctly unless they were a sub-directory of the Syrinscape install. Very annoying mistake in programming! This is now fixed.
  • Syrinscape would sometimes interrupt the playback of long samples with a new sound. This was a really hard bug to find! This is also fixed.

Improvements:

• General rearrangement of interface to make it easier to use (mainly thanks to bwmathis' suggestions). Addition of a 'Start All' button to start ALL sounds (including Loops).
  • I have replaced the confusing 'Active' checkboxs with actual play and stop buttons.
  • Syrinscape now checks any new directory to see if the loop files are different from what is already playing and will restart with the new loops where necessary.

So visit Welcome to Syrinscape | Syrinscape and grab the new version.

While you're signed in, why not visit the forums and give me some more
feedback. I will be working on a complete rebuild over Xmas (taking into account suggestions particularly by Dorpond of RPTools.net). So expect more goodness soon!

Cheers,

Ben

questing gm

First Post
Good to hear some news about an update. Will check it out shortly.

But I do have to ask, do I have to uninstall the older version in my comp first?

benjamin

Explorer
Best to run the uninstall program first...

Hi questing!

Great to hear people are still keen about it!

I tried installing both ways... It didn't seem to mind, but probably safest to run the uninstall program first... It WON'T delete all your custom sound sets and it won't delete any custom state files etc...

Please let me know (anyone) if you have problems!

And enjoy!

:)

Ben

PS The Syrinscape installer doesn't actually write anything to the registry or anything like that... It simply writes the files in the right directories and creates a menu item.

questing gm

First Post
Thanks! I'm going to get the new installer once I get back from work.

Btw, I could finally get that Brindol sound set, it's only 7% away from completion. ;)

benjamin

Explorer
Man!

I hope it gets through for you!

I have NO idea why you had so much trouble before...

....GOBLINS... in the system...!

Remove ads