• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Wave (The Company) Sucks

Crypt King

First Post
Has anyone else here ordered product from Newwave.org? I want to know that if you did, did you always have something on backorder and did they still charge you, and did you ever get the merchandise?

I have ordered from them in three consecutive times, with the orders close together before I got the merchandise and each time they had something I ordered, they says it's on backorder, still tap my card and it's been two months.

They don't answer the phone or e-mails.

Has anyone else had this experience?

Last edited:

NeghVar

First Post
It gets even worse...

I ordered D20 game stuff from them 3 months ago...I received half my order (less than 50% of the $$ amount). I sent them numerous faxes requesting updates on my order, and have left numerous voice mails for them. I received one call back in April stating my order would be fulfilled very soon.

Now today I call them, and not a single phone/fax number is in service. They are all showing up as "Temporarily Disconnected". I tried the following #'s:

Voice Lines: 770.753.0606 or 770.753.0235
Fax Line: 770.753.0059

Just so you think I am not being a jerk...these are the items I ordered (and they are readily available just about everywhere):

AEG's Undead
FFG's Seafarer’s Handbook
WotC's Diablo II: To Hell & Back
WotC's Masters of the Wild
WotC's Forgotten Realms: Dungeon Master’s Screen
WotC's Lords of the Iron Fortress

I received the following:

WotC's Masters of the Wild
WotC's Forgotten Realms: Dungeon Master’s Screen
WotC's Lords of the Iron Fortress

I would recommend avoiding New Wave at all costs!

Later!

Hey, the New Romantics are considered New Wave! And don't knock 'em, I've been listening to Duran Duran in the car on the way to work for the last few days or so...

Anyway, didn't we just have a thread real similar (bad 80s music jokes and all) just a few monthes ago? I think the conclusion was not to shop at New Wave because they don't fill orders and you can't contact them to fix it.

thundershot

Adventurer
I still have a few things on backorder from New Wave. It took a while to get a response, but e-mailing David Doust at borg@newwave.org is what finally got a reply.

They were really good to me about the BLUFFSIDE book that I ordered. It had a big crease on the cover, and they replaced it with a mint condition one. Hopefully, though, my Kalamar books I ordered arrive soon.

It's not as bad as the coffee table I ordered from La-Z-Boy at the end of March. They told me about a month. I wasn't happy, but I wanted this particular table. So I ordered it. It's been back ordered twice now, and is expected at the end of June. BAH! And it was a lot more money than my D&D habit. :D

Chris

Krail Stromquism

First Post
New Wave can SUCK IT!

New Wave,

man, they have a pretty nice website and always have great deals on stuff but does that matter if you never get your order?

Ive ordered things from them 3 seperate times. Each time the order was over a hundred dollars, the last one was almost 350.00! I got a bunch of people to order with me all at once. I think I got 6 different packages strung out over a 2 1/2 to 3 month period and thats after I sent them numerous emails detailing contacting the Better Business Bureau! The cherry on top of this was the last package I got was 2 minis and both had their swords broke at the hilt! BASTARDS!

There are a hundred other companies out there that would love your money! Never ever use New Wave for anything!

Use threats like the BBB, reversing charges on your credit card, demand a refund for undelivered goods. I'd write an email up in Word and save it and cut and paste it and email it to once a week till you get your stuff, make sure you CC it to yourself. If after a month there nothing, call the BBB, tell them youve documented New Waves theivery, give them the contact info and your off!

I STILL havent got 2 FENRYLL minis I ordered form them in AUGUST of LAST YEAR! theres 15 bucks Ill never see!

IM thinkin we disgruntled customers should all road trip to New Wave HQ one weeekend and demand or merchandise and/or money back.

They must be using trained monkeys or something.

The weird thing is all the contests and special offers they do. Why would minis companies have anything to do with such a lousy place like New Wave? Jennifer Haley paints Minis for them for crying out loud! Do they pay her I wonder? "Checks in the mail jenn, I swear!"

Yeesh!

Paying the extra money for Confrontation Minis is a pleasure knowing that New Wave isnt getting it!

sorry, Im ranting but you know, Im a sensitive person and New Wave Games have hurt me in ways you cant imagine, well maybe not. but anyway.

Thanks for hearing me rant!

Paragon

Wielder of the Power Cosmic
Try Talon brand gameshop!!

Thats why you should use someone you know and trust. Like Talon Comics. Derrik will never do you wrong....well at least not while you have your cloths on....but that is a long story. ;)

Paragon

Painfully

First Post
Well when my first order with them seemed to be coming a bit slow (meaning I didn't have it yet after 3 weeks), I called and they finally answered (about 2 mins of ringing). It sounded to me like somebody's grandmother was on the other end, and she didn't sound very competent. The trained monkey hypothesis might still be right, but I'm thinking they (the trained monkey?) have taken over a nursing home and that it is just a bunch of old people running the place. :)

Try http://www.fantization.com if you're looking for confrontation minis. It's the only other place I've found to order them in the US. Those Vallejo brushes they offer are really great too. Fantization won't back-order items, but they use a real-time stock inventory system on their website that let's you know you're ordering the last one they have in stock--worked for me, and they're FAST!

Crypt King

First Post
It's nice (I guess) to know I'm not alone. I used the reverse charges threat on them last call, which I'm not above doing and will do if I don't hear from them in a week.

The problem with Talon and such is that you couldn't beat NewWaves prices, but I'm to the point now, they won't get my money any longer and I'm willing to go elsewhere. In the beginning I never had any problems...

BTW I don't order Confrontation mini's, I was ordering Chainmail mini's (20%) off.

Remove ads