• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Wet/Dry Erase Tile Sets, What would you like to see?

AOW-SBI-TITLE-2-4x5-LR.jpg

Three Sages Games is developing a Revolutionary New Tile which I will describe later. What I would like to know is what you the public would like us to develop and in what order.

Our first set is The Stone Bard Inn, we are thinking of doing a rooms and corridor set after that but open to other things. Here are some of the possibilities that we have thought of producing.

The Stone Bard Inn
Rooms and Corridors
Grave Yard
Temple
Market place
Tunnels and Caverns
Castle Walls
Roads and Rivers

What would you use and what would you like to see.

Press Release:
Art of Wor – City Tiles
The Stone Bard Inn™
Bringing the best of four worlds together, Three Sages Games™ (3SG) combines the ease of use and beautiful colors of old style cardboard tiles, the one inch grids of plain battle mats, the versatility of both wet and dry erase markers and the stunning detail of a three dimensional environment, all into one product line: Art of Wor - City Tiles ™.
3SG’s first series of City Tiles is The Stone Bard Inn ™, whether to seek rumors, find companions, or just quaff a few brews; adventurers of all game systems know to aim their feet toward the local inn. Is your party ready to rumble? Finally you have an inn suitable for an all out brawl, the main floor measures over 24”x 21” and just screams “BAR FIGHT”. Heroes and villains alike can swing from the chandeliers, slide down the banister, skulk in the shadows, jump behind the 37’ full bar (assuming 1”:5’ scale), pull a weapon off the wall or rack, throw chairs, topple tables, and crack a bottle over the dwarfs head. And when all is said and done, retire to your private room, or if silver’s running a little low, ask the inn keep if there’s space in the common room.
Art of Wor – City Tiles ™, The Stone Bard Inn ™ provides players and referees with a full color, highly detailed inn ready for 1 inch square scaled figures of any game systems. Each full map section is approximately 10.7” x 8.1” and has a non-skid foam back and lamination suitable for both wet and dry erase markers. The inn can be used as a stand alone gaming space or placed on battle mat to add color and detail to your adventure.
The base Stone Bard Inn ™ consists of (7) City Tiles with an expansion all ready in the works. The 1 inch by 1 inch grid blends into the top down view to be functional yet still subdued. All Art of Wor – Tile Sets ™ are sized so that folding or rolling is not required as they are easily stored with your game books or in binder sleeves.
Art of Wor - City Tiles ™ are water resistant and have a versatile modular design allowing the use of one, some or all of the City Tile set. All Art of Wor – Tile Sets ™ are designed to work with paper tiles and in conjunction with other 1 inch by 1 inch battle mats.
Art of Wor - City Tiles are made in the USA.
Three Sages Games Stock No.: 3SG – 3201, MSRP: $15.95
Future Art of Wor – Tile Sets ™ will include a Stone Bard Inn Expansion ™, additional city scenes, outdoor and dungeon sets. For complete retail and wholesale information regarding the entire Art of Wor ™ line and other Three Sages Games ™ products, please contact us at:
Email: 3sg@threesagesgames.com

Last edited:

avin

First Post
I would like full tiles, big. Having 6 Wotc's dungeon tiles so far I discovered small parts are almost useless...

Would buy (big pieces of):

- A JUNGLE set! Haven't seen one yet.
- Geiser area
- Mountain trail
- Oasis
- Beach
- Houses, mansions

Wouldn't buy:

- More dungeon tiles, got tons of it...

morrey

First Post
I would like full tiles, big. Having 6 Wotc's dungeon tiles so far I discovered small parts are almost useless...

Would buy (big pieces of):

- A JUNGLE set! Haven't seen one yet.
- Geiser area
- Mountain trail
- Oasis
- Beach
- Houses, mansions

Wouldn't buy:

- More dungeon tiles, got tons of it...

Thanks for taking interest Avin,

If you look at the PDF download I posted after the launch of our first set you will see that the Stone Bard Inn is not your typical set of tiles.

http://www.enworld.org/forum/publishers-press-releases/244031-dry-wet-erase-tiles-3sg.htmlhttp://www.enworld.org/forum/publishers-press-releases/244031-dry-wet-erase-tiles-3sg.html

The Stone Bard Inn is a full scale building and each tile is 8”x10.5”.
I am currently working on a caves and caverns set that will have smaller and full size pieces in it but I hear what you are saying and understand what the problem is. I am all for the biggest tiles I can produce so keep your eye out for future releases.

Unlike the Paizo flip maps where you have to unfold the whole thing and it’s always the same. I’ve tried to make these tiles as versatile as possible, to be used individually, in pairs or any other way you can think of to combine them.

This way our tiles can be laid down on top of battle mats to add detail, color and expediency while the GM draws in (wet or dry erase marker) the rest of the map by hand.

By combining 1 or 2 tiles with a battle mat I’ve used the common room and upstairs private room tiles as barracks and officers quarters, the 3 private rooms and patio area as parts to a keep and the stage as part of a theater.

If you need a smaller inn or tavern just use the two tiles that represent the kitchen / bar and the indoor table area. Then using either a wet or dry erase marker draw in a back wall. This makes for a very reasonable and playable small to medium sized tavern.

It sounds like you will really like our ambush points set, each one will be 6-8 (8"x10.5") tiles that you can shuffle around to make different settings.

The Jungle set may be challenging to do in a top down look, it's so dense that all you would see is tree tops.
But I will give it a try.

Feel free to contact us any time, and I am always interested in suggestions and both good and bad critiques.

Three Sages Games™ - Home Page

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Very very very generic dungeon and wilderness pieces that can be mixed and matched.

The more generic the better. The problem with things like the inn is, how many times can you use it before it gets to feeling cheesy that every inn has the same exact layout? :)

Generic is best that way the markability of the product can be taken advantage of to add new details each time.

morrey

First Post
I would like city and village houses and buildings, temples and palaces.

Currently I am working on a modular Cave set and a larger Cavern set that will be very basic and wide open so that you can detail it the way you want.

After that I intend to do a market place and some generic shops and alleyways.

I also have the beginning of a graveyard started and intend to pair it with a generic temple.

morrey

First Post
Very very very generic dungeon and wilderness pieces that can be mixed and matched.

The more generic the better. The problem with things like the inn is, how many times can you use it before it gets to feeling cheesy that every inn has the same exact layout? :)

Generic is best that way the markability of the product can be taken advantage of to add new details each time.

I understand what you are saying and we are taking that tact with all of our outdoor and underground sets.

I looked at the inn in a different manor. In our campaign of 20+ years, we returned to the Stone Bard Inn over and over with both new and old PC"s. It became a base of operations and in fact, we eventually drew it out (many years ago) and laminated it rather than keeping it on a battle mat and having to fix it all the time.

The layout isn't exactly the same because I tried to make it as modular and useful as possible.

By combining 1 or 2 tiles with a battle mat I’ve used the common room and upstairs private room tiles as barracks and officers quarters, the 3 private rooms and patio area as parts to a keep and the stage as part of a theater.

If you need a smaller inn or tavern just use the two tiles that represent the kitchen / bar and the indoor table area. If you want a very small tavern you can overlap the bar with the table area. Then using either a wet or dry erase marker draw in a back wall. This makes for a very reasonable and playable small to medium sized tavern.

Thank you for the feedback and I will do my best to make the future sets more generic.

morrey

First Post

Here is a question for you.

I am going to do a set of alleys and small shops, do I fill the shops with shelves and tables of stuff or just bare walls and let the GM fill in the rest?

Remove ads