• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E New WotC senior game designer: Justice Ramin Arman

He has worked on some pretty good stuff in the past, including B&G boxes of Strahd and Eberron (no, I haven't seen these in person, but they look great).

He also designed or codesigned some of the best supplements (IMHO) on the DMs Guild, including Elminster's Candlekeep Compendium.

Perhaps most interestingly of all, he cowrote the superb "Fall of Elturel," which provides a much better Act I for Descent into Avernus—one that, if rumors are to be believed, is closer to what was initially envisioned by that campaign's designers before WotC decided to shoehorn Baldur's Gate into it in order to provide a tie-in for the video game. I can easily imagine the WotC hiring team saying "Yep, we should hire this guy because his PDF product really improves upon our own published adventure" and then shooting meaningful looks at whoever made the call to change it...

Last edited:

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
In addition to all that, having him on board now means WotC has an employee who is perfect as a fact checker/sensitivity reader for an Al-Qadim revival, or a similar new product modeled on that region of the real world.
Justice is a grand advocate for Persian inclusion in gaming, which would help for al-Qadim, but still leaves vast swaths of the cultures from the setting's inspiration unaddressed.

darjr

I crit!
881DEB84-5021-424C-9975-EEDDF61C5672.jpeg

There’s a dragon behind you !!

Remove ads