• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Year's Eve plans

Merkuri

Explorer
So, my boyfriend's and my plans for New Year's Eve have been ruined by snow. We were going to head over to Cape Cod and spend the night with friends, but it's snowing like hell here and I couldn't get my little car out of town - I was just sliding down hills and spinning my tires trying to get back up them. I knew it was going to be worse the closer I got to Cape Cod (apparently they're experiencing hurricane force winds) so I ended up turning around and coming back to my folks' house. I learned after I turned around that the guy who lived on Cape Cod canceled our night out because of the weather, so there was no point in me braving the snow anyway.

So now I'm staying with my parents for New Year's and partaking in their traditional veal parmesan. Not sure what my BF is doing, but he's stuck at his parents' house as well.

My sister was planning to go to New York City to see the ball drop, and she didn't let the snow stop her. Dad took the 4-wheel drive truck and brought her to the train station.

So, what's everyone else doing for New Year's?

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
My fiancée and her two daughters, my sister and her fiancée and her son are coming over later. We'll be brining in the New Year with our classic movie festival and party platter (shrimp, [good] cheese, crackers, cookies, etc.) and wine.

Should be fun. We've picked out the movies; Mixed Nuts and Ghostbusters II.

Tewligan

First Post
My girlfriend and I are heading up to our friends' house, along with another couple. Planning a pretty mellow evening of drinks and boardgames - we bailed on another option, which sounds like it's going to be a good-sized rager with people crashing/passing out on the living room floor. Heh - I realized I was getting old when I thought about how much that doesn't appeal to me!

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
The wife and I are mostly staying home. We're going to make sushi and stuffed mushrooms (New Year's eve tradition -- finger food!), possibly play D&D and/or board games, and watch movies (various Star Wars). It's not snowing here today, but we don't really feel like getting out much because the high temp today is about 7F or else we'd take a long walk.

Both the wife and I have to work first thing in the morning so we plan on keeping it simple. Play Life with the kids while listening to music and eating popcorn and soda.

Simple but fun enough.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads