• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Newthread.php error

Michael Morris

First Post
The file that launches new threads is apparently having a glitch fit - and it isn't repeating itself. If you can't post, try again - eventually it will go through. I'm trying to track this thing down as we speak.

If you haven't noticed it - you're just lucky. It is out there, it's bitten me 4 times already :)

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
Michael Morris said:
Some forums have more trouble than others - but why I don't know.

Okay, that did answer my question, oh well, a one post of news pages will have to wait...until this small crisis pass *me know, you warn us there might be some pitfalls* :D

EricNoah

Adventurer
test post -- nothing to see here...

edit: somehow my post ended up above a post that was already here... I saw this happen once on the old boards, it was something about the server clock not being right?

Brain

First Post
Something I noticed when trying to make a new post: It failed like 7 times in a row when I only had one line in the post, but when I put another line in a few lines down, it worked. Maybe the server doesn't like one-liners?

Also, this post got inserted in front of the post below it.

Also, I am getting the time reported as an hour off. I have it set to GMT -8 and DST always on, and it shows as an hour earlier than it should be.

Last edited:

Len

Prodigal Member
Michael Morris said:
If you can't post, try again - eventually it will go through.
I tried again and it said the thread is a duplicate of one I already posted. But no new thread has appeared.

Edit: Here's the bug report I was trying to post, since I can't put it in a new thread:
The times displayed are an hour off. The timestamp at the bottom of this page says "All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:11 PM." but it is 9:11 PM. The time zone is set correctly in my user options (GMT -5, Eastern time).

Edit again: Now it's two hours off. :p

Last edited:

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
Can't post nothing on the Sci Fi page, I was doing a one massive page for Friday's late news...10 times, the system said, only one post allowed every 30 seconds, then it went to, This is a duplicate page.

On both, I was only submitting the page one...oh well, I will wait, till everything is fixed properly, and by the way...I LOVE THE SPEED....:), good job to those who did...good job.

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
Michael Morris said:
It is likely that the bad clock setting was messing up the dupe check system - I haven't noticed this error since that fix.

Well, something has been kicking me, although, I have no problem posting on other threads, in different sections, the news page, is not...jiving with me...and I don't want something to happen on my account...Michael, you got your hands full, and honestly, take care of needs of what needs to be taken care of first...(like all of EnWorld) LOL...I do like some of the 'new' features springing here and there...okay...nite everyone, glad to see everyone is back...;)

Update: I did a test on the news page, it seems that I cannot do multiple links placed in one page (like condensing the news outline in one thread, but a singular one was done, and it passed), that is where the problem is, when I submitted the massive one page multiple links thread, that is where it go all white page on me...meaning all content was lost, and the page had to be refreshed quickly to the last action I did...redoing 15 links...6 times, is tiring...:D. Just wanted to let you know...nite again...must sleep...Zzzzzzzzzz

Update2: Okay, I had to cheat, to get multi-links on one page, a previous page that passed the grade, became the keeper or changing the subject title will get you through(did that 4 times for one news bit), and some glitches that everyone is reporting, still exist: Double Post warning, Duplicate Warning...for me, the infamous White Page, but heck, I got the news up...don't give up my fellow EWs...patience and some luck will get you through.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads