D&D 5E Next Campaigns

Based on what we've seen from the playtest so far, I am on the fence. On the one hand, I could see this as being a great edition. On the other hand, it could flop more than a piece of jello dropped on a waterbed.

For me, what sells it is campaigns.

So, based on what we've seen so far, do you think WotC will do more down-to-earth adventures or more epic adventures? And, based on what we've seen so far, which type will you try for?

Crothian

First Post
So far the game looks strong enough that I don't need wizards to come up with my own adventures and campaigns. I hope that they come up with some creative and interesting adventures that last the stand of time. We haven't gotten many of those lately.

Agamon

Adventurer
I'm doing my own thing, too. It's starting out pretty down to earth, but it has the potential to get fairly epic, too.

the Jester

Legend
Given that I start my groups at 1st level, I imagine it will start pretty down to earth, with a chance of eventual epic madness (I like running long-term campaigns with no predetermined story or end point).

Xodis

First Post
Planning on running thru all the adventures that have printed or are planned to be printed. Of course what I plan and what really happens are usually very different things, but I like the adventure support so far.

GX.Sigma

Adventurer
I hope they do some modules in addition to their big campaigns.

And I mean actual modules (individual location-based adventures that can be plopped onto an existing campaign map), not mini-campaigns like Lost Mine of Phandelver.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
IF they are smart, they will follow Pathfinders lead and produce adventure paths, that takes characters from low to high levels and provides information into the world where the adventures are taking place.

If they are not, we get re-published source material (The Underdark, Waterdeep, Hand-book of..., etc) with a module here and there.

Xodis

First Post
IF they are smart, they will follow Pathfinders lead and produce adventure paths, that takes characters from low to high levels and provides information into the world where the adventures are taking place.

If they are not, we get re-published source material (The Underdark, Waterdeep, Hand-book of..., etc) with a module here and there.

We already know that Tyranny of Dragons is an Adventure Path set to keep the adventures going.

Is Wizards even the company to be wondering about? With Wolfgang Bauer doing the opening adventures under some sort of contract/license, I have to wonder if that's at all a model moving forward.

Wizards always did say that adventures didn't sell that well, at least by larger company standards. Maybe this is a way to let smaller companies--who need smaller margins--handle that part of the line.

Guesswork only, but something to think about.

Remove ads