• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[NFL] Pats vs. Colts - make your prediction here!

RatPunk

First Post
GlassJaw said:
The Colts's defense played really well in the first half, but they certainly had help from those calls.

I definitely wouldn't use the word dominated either. If the Colts dominated, they would have scored more than 2 FG's in their three trips inside the red zone in the first half.

You'll get no argument from me that the officiating left something to be desired, but I don't believe it affected the outcome of the game. I prefer to give credit where its do and say the Colts are as good a team as the Pats, not that the Pats stuggled because the officials had it in for them.

RatPunk

First Post
GlassJaw said:
Just as much BS as people around the country heard the noise "skip" during the game?

"Observers at the game said there seemed to be a "skip" in the sound during the game Sunday, which the Patriots won 24-20. That might confirm the long-held suspicion among many people in the NFL that the Colts play loud crowd noise to help distract opponents when the other team is on offense."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/nfl_experts/post/Patriots-complain-about-crowd-noise?urn=nfl,52422

Yes, I say its exactly as much BS as that. I'd like to know where these observers were at in the Dome, because nobody I know that was at the game noticed anything (at least none of the ones I've been able to ask so far today).

Inferno!

Explorer
GlassJaw said:
...they'll most likely have a more competent officiating crew.

Oh yeah, the Patriots have NEVER benefited from questionable calls in this rivalry :lol:

Really, I think the fans are probably more into this rivalry than the players themselves. Sure both teams want to win them all, but both teams also know its just one game in a long season. Us fans on the other hand...I get depressed whenever the Colts lose (back in the ol' days I shoulda been popping Prozac like tic-tacs). The fact this loss was to New England just makes it worse.

All kidding aside, the Patriots are certainly a good team... a team that made the big plays when necessary, and much to my dismay the Colts didn't.

Ilium

First Post
Well we can all hold our cheering, booing, bragging and wailing. None of it makes much difference until the NEXT time they play (which I assume will be the AFC championship game). Hopefully the fingernail marks in my cheeks and palms will have healed up by then so I can make new ones. :)

Oh, and have I mentioned lately? Packers 7-1. Just savor that for a while... ;)

RatPunk

First Post
GlassJaw said:
"Observers at the game said there seemed to be a "skip" in the sound during the game Sunday, which the Patriots won 24-20. That might confirm the long-held suspicion among many people in the NFL that the Colts play loud crowd noise to help distract opponents when the other team is on offense."

Just to add a couple of addendums to this, so far the only observers I've seen actually mentioned in any of the articles have been members of the Kraft family, who would have been watching the game from their enclosed owner's box at the Dome, most likely with the CBS broadcast on in the background. During the broadcast we were watching at our house, there was a moment where the CBS feed (video and audio) froze for a second.

Also, I was listening to sports radio on the way home from work this afternoon (something which I rarely ever do) and one of the news items they read at the top of the hour said that CBS has acknowledged that the "skip" was a feedback problem with their feed. So far, that's the only mention I've heard of it and I haven't had an opportunity to try to confirm it elsewhere yet. So its still unsubstantiated at this point.

Just FYI.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
RatPunk said:
Just to add a couple of addendums to this, so far the only observers I've seen actually mentioned in any of the articles have been members of the Kraft family, who would have been watching the game from their enclosed owner's box at the Dome, most likely with the CBS broadcast on in the background. During the broadcast we were watching at our house, there was a moment where the CBS feed (video and audio) froze for a second.

Also, I was listening to sports radio on the way home from work this afternoon (something which I rarely ever do) and one of the news items they read at the top of the hour said that CBS has acknowledged that the "skip" was a feedback problem with their feed. So far, that's the only mention I've heard of it and I haven't had an opportunity to try to confirm it elsewhere yet. So its still unsubstantiated at this point.

Just FYI.
I was looking at some blog comments on the subject out of mascocism, ( ;) ) and some folks described a "skip" in the crowd noise level while the announcers still seemed in sync, while others said it was video and audio freeze. If I was still in school I'd call it a perfect oppertunity for a case study in memories and interpretations, since you would think it would have to be one or the other for the viewing audience.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Inferno! said:
It WAS true when I typed it. :heh:
Vinatieri also really sucks at 50+ yard field goals. I think the stat is that he's missed his last 6 50+ yard field goals.

Remove ads