NG vs. NE: Neutral Evil is Victorious!

PJSlavner

Explorer
No, Jurathor will be occupying up to 105N105E. As Jurathor approaches, he flies through the wind with no problem (natural 20 Fort save). He detects something at 115N115E.

Proteus does not dodge the sonic power (23 Ref save) and takes 37 points of sonic damage. Proteus has 73 HP remaining.

Proteus[sblock]You now have an invisible twin at 110N115E who is also prone and has 73 HP.[/sblock]Greybar[sblock]Jurathor detects that something appeared at 110N115E. Jurathor can use breath weapon in round 155. There will be no AoOs as long as your opponents are invisible.[/sblock]

Infiniti2000

First Post
Mod: [sblock] Both Proteus's will try to stand. Does the dragon's blindsense detect both? I know it probably does, even if Proteus doesn't, but it would simplify your job if I post movements/etc. out in the open rather than making you retype everything in hidden messages.

I'll provide additional actions depending on whether either can stand. [/sblock]

PJSlavner

Explorer
Infiniti[sblock]Proteus the Elder stands up (18 Fort save), but Proteus the Younger falls back down (12 Fort save). Posting the moves in the open would be greatly appreciated.[/sblock]

Infiniti2000

First Post
Side Note to Greybar: Missed a key detail on Proteus's description. He wields a scythe.

Proteus stands up at 115n115e and mumbles something in abyssal. He moves to 110n90e, standing just beside Jurathor. Someone at 110n115e tries to stand up, but fails. He then casts a spell and a thin red beam of light shoots out and tries to hit Jurathor.
[sblock] ray of enfeeblement -- where are the 3rd or 4th level attack spells? [/sblock]

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Jurathor attempts to grapple and maul the original being (110n90e).

(Full attack: if I remember this right, each attack can be a grapple attempt, right? Once grappled, just start ripping into the thing.)

PJSlavner

Explorer
From TBoAA house rules:

Grappling - there is an ongoing debate about how to conduct grappling with creatures using natural weapons. When a creature uses the “Attack Your Opponent” option in a grapple, it can only use one of its natural attacks at -4, in addition to rake attacks. Rake attacks will not be at -4. If the creature hits, lethal damage according to the natural weapon is inflicted. When a creature uses the “Damage Your Opponent” option, the number of attacks is based on the creature’s BAB. If the creature does not have the Improved Grab ability, a successful grapple check results in lethal damage equal to an unarmed strike based on the creature’s size. If the creature has the Improved Grab ability, a successful grapple check results in lethal damage according to the natural weapon that performed the grab, plus possible Constriction damage.

For Jurathor, the "damage your opponent" option deals 1d6 + Strength bonus.

Proteus misses with his rebuff attempt (rolled 29+2=31). Jurathor moves to 100N90E, touches Proteus (34 touch; 90%) and holds on (45 vs. 29 grapple), inflicting no damage (DR 10 or greater).

Jurathor still has iterative attacks remaining to damage Proteus or pin him (pinning counts as one of the attacks). Next round, you can move with Proteus as a standard action. If you pin your opponent, you can try to (from RoTG):

Toss Your Foe: Make an opposed grapple check as a melee attack. If you succeed, you can literally pick up your foe (provided you can lift your foe's weight). Make a Strength check; if your result is at least 10, you toss your foe 5 feet. For every 5 points your Strength check result exceeds 10, you toss your foe another 5 feet, to a maximum of 25 feet.

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Note: Jurathor does have Snatch, which means (if i read it right) that he has Improved Grab for Bites.
Thanks for digging up the TBoAA rules for me.

Jurathor will use iterations to pin, then after that go for damage.

PJSlavner

Explorer
Snatch only works against creatures three or more sizes smaller. This was debated in the first round of TBoAA, and decided definitely starting round two.

You are welcome. I will do anything I can to clear up the grapple rules, because I have messed them up far more times than anyone should be allowed. :confused:

Jurathor pins Proteus on the first attempt (40 vs. 27 grapple), then damages him three times after that (closest grapple check was 23 vs. 22) for a total of 40-30=10 points of damage. Proteus has 63 HP remaining.

Infiniti2000

First Post
PJSlavner said:
Jurathor pins Proteus on the first attempt (40 vs. 27 grapple), then damages him three times after that (closest grapple check was 23 vs. 22) for a total of 40-30=10 points of damage. Proteus has 63 HP remaining.
OOC1: Unless hasted, Jurathor will get at most 4 grapple checks per round due to BAB. You cannot combine natural weapon attacks and grapple checks. Initial hold + pin + 2 more damage your opponent checks (not three).

OOC2: One other note to Greybar, you can automatically choose to hold your opponent's mouth closed when grappling. It's obvious Proteus has been using it to cast spells, so I'm sure Jurathor would do that, but maybe he's giving Proteus a fighting chance? :)

Proteus will let go of the scythe and attack Jurathor with natural weapons. The other being will try to stand up again. If successful, he moves to 115n90e. If not, he casts another spell with no visible effect (haste).

Remove ads