NG vs. NE: Neutral Evil is Victorious!

PJSlavner

Explorer
Round 155 (cont'd)

They both get up (24 Fort save, natural 20 Fort save) and hit Jurathor with their splashes of acid (rolled 24, 33 touch). Jurathor takes a total of 4 points of acid damage. Jurathor has 159 HP remaining.

The other steps to 110N95E, five feet east of Proteus.

Infiniti2000

First Post
East? Can you tell me the positions of each combatant? Obviously, I have something wrong and I've gone back through the posts. Both NE guys are northwest.

PJSlavner

Explorer
Proteus: 110N90E (invisible)
Other: 110N95E (invisible)
Jurathor: 95N95E

Proteus does not dodge the blast, but the other thing does (Ref saves 23, 30). Proteus takes 58 points of sonic damage and the other thing takes 29 points of sonic damage. Proteus survives the massive damage (27 Fort save), but is down to 5 HP. The other thing is down to 44 HP.

Greybar[sblock]Breath weapon is available next round.[/sblock]Round 156

Proteus is blown down, but the other thing is not (Fort saves 13, 23).

Infiniti2000

First Post
Ah, those are the positions I had. I misread "east of proteus" as east of Jurathor, for some reason. *slaps forehead*

Proteus stands up and tries another scorching ray. The other takes a full attack action.
[sblock] Is the hit point total not shared? I don't have my book today, but I seem to remember something about that. It's possible this fight is already over. [/sblock]

PJSlavner

Explorer
Infiniti[sblock]I was wondering where your error was. I could not figure out what the problem was, or I would have addressed it.

Each version starts with the same hit points, which is the hit points the original has after the initial damage is taken. They do not share hit points. What is shared is the pool of spells available to cast. Also, if Proteus is killed, the other is still Proteus, so Proteus would not be defeated until both are killed.[/sblock]Proteus gets up (21 Fort save) and hits with the ray (22 ranged touch), but it has no effect (20 CL check).

The other thing hits with one attack (rolled 31+2=33; best missing roll 20+2=22) but inflicts no damage.

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Jurathor hits them both with another breath of sonics.

OOC: I'll hold off designating his MEA to follow that STD until I see the results, for obvious reasons...

PJSlavner

Explorer
Both Proteus and the other thing dodge the sonic breath (Ref saves 29, 30) and take 29 points of sonic damage. Proteus dies, but the other thing is still kicking with 15 HP remaining. What is Jurathor's MEA?

Gansk[sblock]Does a combatant know when it has defeated its opponent? Jurathor does not know that Proteus still exists in the arena (he might think the other thing is a summoned creature), but is there some outer indication (like a light flashing or an announcement over the PA by Psybo) that an opponent has been defeated? I do not recall this issue coming up. The answer might affect Jurathor's MEA.[/sblock]

PJSlavner

Explorer
Yes, you can, and you will get better than an estimate. You will get an exact and accurate figure, because that is how we try* to do things in TBoAA. :)

Greybar[sblock]Breath weapon is available next round.[/sblock]* We are not always successful.

Remove ads