• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Night's Embrace: Part 1--A Touch of Darkness

Legildur

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
Ah--that does it. My suggestion in getting our thread quickly is to go to the bottom and show all threads with the category Homebrew.
Ah well, I have all my relevant PbP threads sigged, so it's just a matter of clicking through there now.

jkason

First Post
RA:

I'm trying to get my bearings a little in regards to where everyone is amongst the pile up here. Shan and Kel are off the boxes, as is the boar. Titus dug Sul out of the boxes, but how far is that from the action with the boar? And, does Titus have to traverse crates to get to the boar if he decides to join the melee / runs to stabalize Shan?

For now, shooting the sling works fine, but I'm just trying to get things straight in my head if the situation changes.

thanks,

jason

Jolmo

First Post
Diehard means that Shan automatically stabilizes, though I guess Titus may not know that.

RA, missed the post above?

Shayuri

First Post
Hey hey. Lemme preface this with a profound hope this doesn't come off as being whiny/rules lawyery/etc. Of course, with that preface, one expects it to be precisely those things, and I suppose to some extent it is...but I think they're valid questions/observations nevertheless.

1) Superboars. Ferocity is a nifty ability, but I just wanna make sure it's being used correctly. It allows a boar to keep fighting without penalty when disabled or dying, but it doesn't remove the condition altogether. It still loses a hit point each round that it takes a strenuous action. Ferocity just removes (as I understand it) the inability to make a full round of actions, and the tendency to fall unconscious. It seems to me that, if that one hit point drip per round under 0 was being observed, herr boar would have fallen a round or two earlier.

2) Silent mages. This may just be a condition of limited player knowledge, and if so, gleefully ignore. :) It just seems like, for a mage whom we can hear chanting spell effects, he sure doesn't make much noise climbing out from under boxes, or over difficult cratey terrain. Might just be an oversight, but it seems like if they'd heard him clambering around, they could have acted sooner to smack him...and with a better idea of where he was.

Again, hope I don't come off as being overly nitpicky. This is just a very tough battle, and I feel justified scrabbling for any break we can get. :)

Rystil Arden

First Post
It allows a boar to keep fighting without penalty when disabled or dying, but it doesn't remove the condition altogether. It still loses a hit point each round that it takes a strenuous action. Ferocity just removes (as I understand it) the inability to make a full round of actions, and the tendency to fall unconscious.

True. The boar still fell at the right time. It has high Con.

It just seems like, for a mage whom we can hear chanting spell effects, he sure doesn't make much noise climbing out from under boxes, or over difficult cratey terrain. Might just be an oversight, but it seems like if they'd heard him clambering around, they could have acted sooner to smack him...and with a better idea of where he was.

The Listen DC was fairly high, so nobody could pinpoint him.

Legildur

First Post
Invisibility

Looks like with the mage casting, that the Listen check (as a free action each round) to pinpoint him would be DC 20 (0 for speaking and +20 to pinpoint). But need to add +1 to DC for each 10ft of distance.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Legildur said:
Invisibility

Looks like with the mage casting, that the Listen check (as a free action each round) to pinpoint him would be DC 20 (0 for speaking and +20 to pinpoint). But need to add +1 to DC for each 10ft of distance.
Yep, that's the minimum base DC anyway in an otherwise-quiet environment. Add in distance and possible other add-ons for distractions or loud noises to get the final result.

Jolmo

First Post
Bump

Seems like one or both of the elves will approach an innkeeper, either at The Unicorn's Fancy or a similar inn. Anyone care to make the final decision?

Legildur

First Post
RA, I'm trying to reconcile Blunt's experience point awards. I had 150xps from the initial fight with the summoner (before the big EnWorld crash of 2006), and nothing since then. Did I miss the award for the most recent battle with the summoner? (on a side note, I'm trying to recall how Blunt had 5 hps before the day's rest..... I thought he was only on 1... but happy to be shown how wrong I can be).

Remove ads