Niobe's Dilemma (Manzanita Judging)

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I do not know this man, and I am not of his. It is unusual that any but his closest kin would intrude on his passing, and surely it would destroy the man's vhal if anyone were to attend without even being invited to the event by the Holdmistress--I cannot appear at that event like that...it would be barbaric," Lasair replies to Ogrin gently, "The last time I avoided being true to myself, it was a disaster...it was not so long ago. I have given my aid to Carsis and Carsis's brother and restored their vhal and their family's. I should continue on my endless journey"

Bront

The man with the probe
Word filters through the house rather quickly that the Barron has died. Most seem to think a funeral will be hand in a few days, and the corination some time soon after that. Unless any of you seek them out, Niobe and Pician are not to be found, and the night passes fairly uneventfully.

[sblock=Lasiar]Niobe finds Lasair later in the evening. She appears a bit distraught, but nothing unusuall for the passing of a loved one, even by marriage.

You mentioned Cedric earlier... how is he doing? Is he all right?" She asks. Her voice is full of concern, and in her distraught state, it is not hard to see that she cares for Cedric as well.

OOC: I'll hold this beside all the other events. It's just a quick RP tangent, so shouldn't impact things much.[/sblock]

Breakfast is a mellow event, and the concern for Niobe's wellness that overshadowed the house has been replaced by the mourning of their lord and Barron. At some point durring breakfast (which, again is an extravigant spread, and servants stop to eat at times as well), Lord Pician enters and finds his way to you all as well.

"I need to make sure my love is safe till the Corination. After that, further kidnapping attempts will be futile in destabilizing the Barony, and I suspect we will be safe from such a direct attack. I would appreciate it if you all would be willing to stay around and be my guests at the Corination. I will offer you each 1000 gold more for your service. You need not play guard, but your presence should be a help in deturing any more attempts."

Wil replies "I can not. My god calls to me, and I must leave to seek out his calling. But I thank you for such a gracious offer." (Yes, the obligatory write out).

Rystil Arden

First Post
EDIT:

"I have accepted the invitation to stay already from your Holdmistress. I will also accept this gift, though indeed it makes my guest gift seem inadequate."

[SBLOCK=Niobe]"He has taken the name Carsis now. We must respect the choice of those who choose to lose their name and take another to spare what they have left of their vhal. Carsis was...I saw him in an evil place called Covington. He was one ray of good and vhal in that den of treachery and bad family--I know that he performed an act that impugned everyone's vhal when he left here, but truly he has shown true vhal after becoming alant to your people."[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
[sblock=Lasair]"I... I don't think I understand exactly what you mean, but its sounds like he is safe. I... I think he left for me. Well, me and Pician. I would have married him if he hadn't left though. He was a fine man, even if he was more worried about his music than running the barrony."

"If you see him again, I hope you'll tell him that I forgive him. Will you do that for me?"

"I think Pician is going to ask you to stay. I think I'd feel safer with you all here as well. I hope that you'll stay for a while."[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Niobe]'I don't still have zij to her, but the Holdmistress has invited me to stay--it would impugn her vhal and that of her home were I to refuse, so I must accept.' Lasair decides, with a silent inner sigh.

"With my vhal to witness it, I shall most surely tell Carsis this should I see him again. I wish you well, Holdmistress. If you or your clan are ever threatened again, know that you can count on my spear to come to your aid."

"I shall accept your invitation, then, Holdmistress."

"But it is strange--why would your Clan Chief be slighting your vhal so?" Lasair asks, quizzically.

"Does he fancy himself Holdmistress after so long in your absense?" she jokes.
[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Rasereit Vundinn, Dwarven Barbarian

Rasereit nods solemnly as the Prince leaves the table to see to his father. The dwarf has a new appreciation for death.

The next day, at breakfast, he discusses shopping for clothes in the city with Ogrin. "Bah, Ah've got me kilt, don't Ah? 'Twas me first father's, ye know, 'twould be appropriate, methinks, fer me t'wear it to the funeral of a father, eh? Ah'll go wit' ye into town, though, Ah've got some orders Ah'd like t'place." He pauses a moment, to eat some sausage. Okay, to eat a lot of sausage in one bite. He rambles some more. "Oi, d'ye think full battle garb would be 'propriate? Ah... Ah'm not used to urban life any more, an' Ah'm certainly not used to these 'umans an' their strange customs. If they don' like the warrior look, an' Ah kin see 'ow they might not, 'tis a bit frightening," he says with a wink, "But if that be the case, then all Ah've got is this ol' cotton shirt. Ah d'knae, what d'ye think, mate? New clothes...?" He continues eating, enough to feed a small horse.

Later in the meal, when Lord Pician invites them to stay for money, Razh gladly agrees. "Gettin' paid t'stick around an' eat food? Ah'm in," he whispers loudly to Ogrin. After Pician leaves them, he comments to the group, "Hmm, Ah'm not sure we kin both go into town at once. Wil's leavin', Jaan's sick, an' that leaves you, me an' Troi as the muscle. Oi, Troi, think ye and Lasair kin handle things fer an afternoon?"

Sometime during their stay, Razh asks Pician (or whoever he can find) if the keep has a combat trainer. Rasereit seeks some formal instruction on improving his fighting style.

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
OOC: No Troi? :p

[sblock=Lasair]"What do you mean, slighting my Vhal? I don't think I understand what you mean."[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Niobe]"He is slighting your vhal by marginalising you from your rights as Holdmistress, Holdmistress. Just give me the word and I shall aid you in collecting his zij."[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads