• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Nix Edition Comparison Threads

smootrk

First Post
Can we place a moratorium on edition comparisons (edition wars) thread, or otherwise ban them for a few weeks? I can hardly find other topics between wading through all the war threads within the General Forum.

As far as I would prefer, can the folks who prefer 3e keep most topics within the 3e (and earlier editions) threads, the 4e camp within the 4e section, and simply ban (and lock any such) war threads within the General topic... at least for a time as 'cooling off period'. I think the general topic of role play can be edition indifferent for a while.

I know folks want to discuss the differences, but each and every thread seems bent towards calling each other camp delusional at the very least. I certainly would not miss those exchanges, even as I have my own preference (which is irrelevant to this request).

Kheti sa-Menik

First Post
I know, heaven forbid we have open and frank discussion and it may lead to passionate responses on both sides.

I understand about keeping things civil so as not the offend the Grandma, but do we need to shut down exchanges of ideas and valid complaints about and for the new edition?

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Open and frank discussion is fine.

But when someone starts a thread with "resistance is futile" or "if you like 3.5e - just go DM it" are not condusive to discussion.

People saying why they like or why they dislike things is fine; threads where people start with any kind of 'get over yourself' basis, where the poster is making assumptions about or suggestions to other people on 'the other side'? Not fine, since it is effectively trolling.

Cheers

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
Kheti sa-Menik said:
I know, heaven forbid we have open and frank discussion and it may lead to passionate responses on both sides.

I understand about keeping things civil so as not the offend the Grandma, but do we need to shut down exchanges of ideas and valid complaints about and for the new edition?
Hear, hear.

Edition-comparison threads are about all I'm interested in reading right now, as I want to know what makes each edition tick for various people and what doesn't...it's disappointing you've shut 'em down.

Lanefan

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Lanefan said:
Edition-comparison threads are about all I'm interested in reading right now, as I want to know what makes each edition tick for various people and what doesn't...it's disappointing you've shut 'em down.
You can't handle the truth.

CODE RED, -- N

Remove ads