• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

No Character Builder Update

Kzach

Banned
Banned
Unless I'm missing something, there's no scheduled character builder update this month.

Am I the only one that feels a bit ripped off whenever this happens? It seems that they change the update schedule all the time without any warning or even notice. Since 99% of the reason I subscribe is to get CB and MB updates, I feel like I've wasted a monthly subscription cost and since I had no way of knowing prior to the sub deduction, I feel cheated.

I guess I could reschedule my sub deducation so that it only renews after I'm sure each month I'll get an update, but it still seems like they should keep to a regular schedule or at the very least warn people ahead of time if they're not going to update that month.

MarkB

Legend
Yeah, I'm not really feeling the pinch of the lack of update this month, but a friend of mine who's just got the Dark Sun sourcebook is just itching to start applying some of the new rules to his CB characters.

My DDI subscription lapsed a couple of weeks ago as I hadn't updated my card details, and I'm not intending to renew it al least until the next CB update arrives. If it had renewed, I would be feeling a bit ripped off not to be getting an update this month.

Lord Ernie

First Post
While I can't quote the source, word on the WotC boards is that it's coming on the 21st, the same day as the official Essentials release. The reason it doesn't show on the calendar is apparently cause that day is too filled up already.

EDIT: Ah, here we go. Apparently, this update will include the first book of Essentials.

Last edited:

StrangeFate

Villager
Yeah, I'm not really feeling the pinch of the lack of update this month, but a friend of mine who's just got the Dark Sun sourcebook is just itching to start applying some of the new rules to his CB characters.

My DDI subscription lapsed a couple of weeks ago as I hadn't updated my card details, and I'm not intending to renew it al least until the next CB update arrives. If it had renewed, I would be feeling a bit ripped off not to be getting an update this month.

I'm with Mark on this one. My DDI sub runs out end of the month. I'm not going to renew until I get the CB update. That component is absolutely critical to me and my group (especially with the Dark Sun material).

Insight

Adventurer
I really wish the DS updates had happened last week (or before), but oh well. My own DS game doesn't start til this weekend, so I'll only have to deal with hand-written character sheets for one session.

As for the Essentials stuff, none of my current players are going to be affected (Warlock, Runepriest, and Monk).

No big deal.

pedr

Explorer
I (and, presumably, every DDI subscriber with a WotC Community account) just received notification that adding the new rules systems to incorporate Dark Sun (presumably Themes) and Essentials builds hasn't been possible in time for a 21st September update, so it doesn't look as if there'll be a September update at all. The message says that they hope to update in 'early October'.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads