• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

No Man's Land (IC)

Darimaus

First Post
Hey guys. Sorry about my abscence, but I had some really bad computer problems for the last week, leaving me stranded in the realm of real life. Things are fixed now (at least enough to get me online again) though I need to go to work, so I'll catch up on everything I've missed tonight.

Darimaus

First Post
The Paladin stands up from the table.

"Alas, there is no more to tell. I must prepare for our encounter this evening. I bid you goodday."

He exits the room, leaving the last bout of comments and questions unanswered. The adventurers all go off and do their own thing for the day, however, later that evening, Thorn is approached by a clergyman.

"I am sorry for distrurbing you my lady, but I have a matter of great urgency to discuss with you."

The Zombies don't move, simply staring at Whin and his companions.

Obsidian calls out to the farm house, and at first there is silence. However, a few moments later there is some stirring and eventually a young elven woman exits.

"And who might you be?"

Obsidian notes that woman doesn't seem to be startled by their mixed party.

Darimaus

First Post
The Clergyman gives Thorn a quick bow and continues.

"Thank you mi'lady. I am here to tell you that it is my belief that this plan will fail, and that the result of this night will result in the fall of this very country."

Shayuri

First Post
"I think you're absolutely right," Thorn agrees.

"So why are you here talking to me, instead of trying to get that paladin to see sense?"

She leans back against the wall of a cottage and folds her arms.

"Which is to say that I'm here to fight these Disciples, yes. But I'm not going to be an idiot about it. At the moment, lacking coordination with anyone else, my plan is to use this opportunity to observe him, get an idea of what his powers are and how they work, so I can come up with counters."

"I'm nothing if not openminded though, so go ahead and ask what it is you've come to ask."

Darimaus

First Post
"The Disciple is a being of destruction. He will not be stopped by this plan. But the country has thrown ALL of its military forces to ensure it succeeds. When this fails, our nation will be defenseless. If you all make it out of here, I hope you can stop our plotting neighbors from capitalizing on this mistake."

Shayuri

First Post
Thorn rubs her forehead, thinking her words through.

"I don't want to shock you here, and I'm not trying for the bitch of the year trophy...but I'm here to kill the Disciples. Fighting armies isn't really my thing. Your superiors are doing a really boneheaded thing, and it's probably going to cost the whole nation more than it can afford."

She spreads her hands. "Sadly, I don't see what I can do about it. But if you want some advice, I'll give it to you for free."

"Get yourself and anyone you care about as far from here as you can. If you want to play hero, get the whole city evacuated. Whatever you do, do it quick. And I wouldn't worry about your plotting neighbors. If what I've heard is right, there won't be much left to conquer anyway."

Darimaus

First Post
The Clergymen puts on a sad smile.

"If that is your take on it, I will not press any further. I bid you luck in the coming battle."

He turns and walks away, pausing just before going out of sight.

"There is was one thing that survived the destruction of a city. A wizards lab was still standing in the city of Grensfeld after it was destroyed. The owner was still found slain, but the structure was unharmed. It was protected by antimagic. I hope this helps you in the trails to come."

He then turns the corner and dissappears.

Darimaus

First Post
To all those involved in the plot to stop the disciple, please post what you are doing for the rest of the evening and what your preperations are.

Fenris2

First Post
Sylvie says, 'Well, so what't the plan then? As an aside I can snap up both antimagic fields, disjunctions and small areas of spell proof wardings for any of those who might want to stick close by..."

Remove ads