• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Noble : A martial controller.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Minions now appear within 5 squares of the noble. That means they can appear straight into melee. For a Martial character, this kind of summoning is very odd indeed.

I suggest all powers that summon be rewritten to that minions appear within 15 squares, need line-of-effect but not line-of sight, and cannot summon within 5 squares of an enemy. This way, the minions can somewhat plausibly be said to appear out of the fog of war.

I support this as a build of the Warlord or perhaps even of my own Mastermind (see my sig), tough development of that class is pretty dead now.

Agreed range increases plausibility....

Having a henchmen / squire companion might be nice too.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Any noble class done should have the hybrid option or multiclass done for it... so you get nobles who are huntsman or living on the borders .. you have nobles who are paladins etc.

Starfox

Hero
Any noble class done should have the hybrid option or multiclass done for it... so you get nobles who are huntsman or living on the borders .. you have nobles who are paladins etc.

This might be a good idea. A class template rather than a class on its own. Or is this best done with dualclassing?

Making a complete class is a lot of work, as I learned on my Martial Controller. But shortcuts always have their own limitations.

Modeus

First Post
Thanks for the feedback, everyone. We're done with the first five levels of our proposed Noble along with House Reputation (Implement), Courtly Intrigues ( Martial practices ).

Document has already been shared. We've done our best to make the game as realistic as possible and the Noble class has many powers to keep defeated minions in play.

Regards

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Thanks for the feedback, everyone. We're done with the first five levels of our proposed Noble along with House Reputation (Implement), Courtly Intrigues ( Martial practices ).

Document has already been shared. We've done our best to make the game as realistic as possible and the Noble class has many powers to keep defeated minions in play.

Regards

House reputation? for some reason does not feel very implement like. Nobles needed things to identify them as nobles (alah regalia) if they were travelling nobles they could get the boons of being rich without taking as big of retinue along by engaging in hospitality... the ability to identify oneself as noble was required. Identifying oneself was the key feature didn't matter how high of level your house was if you couldn't establish your connection to it.. so symbols and crests and rings.

Not being negative I really like core aspects of this idea... and I am being lazy until a player wants to emphasize this at which time I will scramble ;-)

Remove ads