Nominations are up!!

Psion

Adventurer
righteousfist said:
Er....do the category guidelines for the "Best d20 Product" category take into account that over half of the nominees in this category are not released under the d20 brand? It's just a bit confusing to see one of our games (Mutants & Masterminds) in a d20 category when it is specifically and completely NOT d20 affiliated. It's an OGL game. Is this just a differencein semantics?

Hal,

The guidelines for that category includes games that
1) Have a d20 brand, and/or
2) Are released under the OGL and cite one of the D20 SRDs in its section 15.

Edit: AKA, what Crothian said.

Shemeska

Adventurer
Like the Snoopy Dance, but eeeeeevil

*happy 'loth dance*

Very, very cool to see that Planewalker got nominated again.

I'm going to have to take my time before I end up voting though overall, because for a few of these catagories I might have a hard time making a decision. There's some really good things up there.

righteousfist

First Post
Psion said:
Hal,

The guidelines for that category includes games that
1) Have a d20 brand, and/or
2) Are released under the OGL and site one of the D20 SRDs in its section 15.

Cool. My confusion was mostly over the way it was presented in the flier.

Hal Mangold
Director of Production
Green Ronin Publishing
www.greenronin.com

rom90125

Banned
Banned
Vascant said:
I have another question, none of the judges even registered NPC Designer so you might see how this does not make much sense....

Well it does but granny is around and I kind of agree with her rules

The exclusion of NPC Designer is truly negligent, imo. Vas, don't get down my man. NPCD is a great product that is ahead of its time.

A'koss said:
What?!? No love for Iron Heroes?!?

Seconded. Register me as extremely disappointed with this year's nominations :mad:

JoeGKushner

First Post
A'koss said:
What?!? No love for Iron Heroes?!?

Bah! :mad:

I'll be honest.

I was one of those people with no love for Iron Heroes. It didn't do for me. Thought it would've made a good first draft but that it requires a dedicated group of people to wade through the numerous combat options which equal spell complexity. Irregularities in token accumulation, specifics of token acucmulation (or the archer don't shoot my target syndrome), mismatched magic system, lack of clarity in the writing, ton of errata, etc... Good first draft, but best? M'eh.

Vascant

Wanderer of the Underdark
rom90125 said:
The exclusion of NPC Designer is truly negligent, imo. Vas, don't get down my man. NPCD is a great product that is ahead of its time.

Down.. *laughs* I am not down.. I don't view it as NPC Designer was excluded, as far as I can tell it wasn't even judged. I really would like to know though why after I paid the 5 dollars, sent in the 6 CD's with a tracking number and emailed to ensure that they had everything, it was good and entered.. that it wasn't evaluated.

Last edited:

diaglo

Adventurer
Vascant said:
Down.. *laughs* I am not down.. I don't view it as NPC Designer was excluded, as far as I can tell it wasn't even judged. I really would like to know though why after I paid the 5 dollars, sent in the 6 CD's with a tracking number and emailed to ensure that they had everything, it was good and entered.. that it wasn't evaluated.

oh, i judged it.

edit: i have been instructed to say: "received defective media."

Last edited:

andrew_kenrick

Community Supporter
I think simply calling it "Best d20 or OGL Game" would solve the problem, and alleviate a lot of head-scratching.

This confused us too (Lemurian Candidate being an OGL product) and I had a horrible feeling that someone had made a mistake and we'd lose the nomination! Then I realised M&M wasn't d20 either and put 2 and 2 together ;)

Thanks to all the hard work of the judges - and congratulations of course to all the other nominees! We feel a little out of place next to all you guys, I must say :cool:

Remove ads