• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Non-essential Assassin; Opinions?

The Human Target

Adventurer
Mechanics aside, my main problem with the standard assassin is that the flavor is so specific. It feels like a paragon path stretched out over 30 levels. The new assassin feels more like what I think of when I hear the name of the class.

I actually like it better this way, since it stands out from the rogue class a lot more.

Seems heavily based on Artemis Entreri from the Drizzt books (once he gets turned half shade) and mainly the Night Angel books by Brent Weeks.

Which is cool with me.

knifie_sp00nie

First Post
I'm playing an assassin right now. Started at level 14. He's a gnoll bleak disciple with the soul thief paragon path. I wouldn't want to be the only striker in the party, but I'm having a blast playing him so far.

It's near impossible to pin this guy down. As soon as a bunch of creatures surround me, I'm somewhere else. It's easy for me to get into flanking position. A lot of the powers work well out of combat, so if it's not just a meat grinder that's a plus. It oozes flavor. Can't say much more about the powers that others haven't covered. Soul thief helps a lot with the shroud-laying.

Hell, here's an iPlay4e link- http://iplay4e.appspot.com/view?xsl=fullviewPref&key=agdpcGxheTRlchQLEgtDaGFyYWN0ZXJWMhj7s5ACDA

Remove ads