• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Non fantasy setting book or books for 5th edition

Which one do you want the most?

• Modern

Votes: 15 25.4%
  • Sci Fi

Votes: 39 66.1%
  • Horror

Votes: 18 30.5%
  • Super hero

Votes: 11 18.6%

SpaceOtter

Drifting in otter space
The wastelands would be riddled with monsters (caused by magical fallout from the war) and ruins, roving gangs of orc bikers, goblinoid hijackers, etc. And that most precious resource, magic, is constantly sought, to be broken down and harnessed to power the corroding remains of magitech.

dwayne

Adventurer
Looks like some one has done a wild west one and a conversion of star frontiers, the links are on the main page. And after looking they did a good job so far.

I can easily see doing Star Trek or Star Frontiers with this core system. Very different classes and features, and a few different skills, but readily playable.

Star Frontiers is space D&D, with space Elves and space Wizards and space Orcs, so yeah, you could do that, but it would be like changing the desktop theme: you would still play D&D. Star Trek is something different. I don't think a system with hit points, classes and short rests is really what you'd need to reproduce the Star Trek experience.

aramis erak

Legend
Star Frontiers is space D&D, with space Elves and space Wizards and space Orcs, so yeah, you could do that, but it would be like changing the desktop theme: you would still play D&D.

You are obviously confused as to what Star Frontiers is. TSR, 1981, purple box, 4 races: Humans, Yazirians (flying primates), Dralasites (Blob-men), and Vrusk (mantis-men), with a 5th NPC race, the Sathar.

You've obviously confused it with Warhammer 40K. And while 40K could be done, It does just fine with its WFRP derived mechanics. And seriously shortchanged the setting and its differences.

Star Trek is something different. I don't think a system with hit points, classes and short rests is really what you'd need to reproduce the Star Trek experience.

Funny, but I've run a lot of Starships & Spacemen, which is very much class and level Star Trek...

You are obviously confused as to what Star Frontiers is. TSR, 1981, purple box, 4 races: Humans, Yazirians (flying primates), Dralasites (Blob-men), and Vrusk (mantis-men), with a 5th NPC race, the Sathar.

You've obviously confused it with Warhammer 40K. And while 40K could be done, It does just fine with its WFRP derived mechanics. And seriously shortchanged the setting and its differences.
I used to play Star Frontiers in the 1980's, I'm not confused about anything, thank you very much.

ranger69

Explorer
I believe that the framework of 5E can be adapted to other genres. There have already been some done and can be found elsewhere in EnWorld, Gamma World would be my favourite to adapt.

Remove ads