• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Non Good Vow of Poverty

balam_br

Explorer
Hi everybody... i´m thinking in trying a different kind of Vow of poverty character...
A Druid that lives by himself and despises material possessions and other civilized conforts (Including magical items)
until now i didnt have any problem with the benefits of the feat, but sometime i will gain DR 5 evil... but the character is neutral and i really dont see a point in him gaining this...

Somebody has a suggestion for changing this DR for something else? maybe another type vulnerability to the DR.

As well, somebody sees any problem in a True Neutral vow of poverty character?

Last edited:

Aus_Snow

First Post
balam_br said:
Somebody has a suggestion for changing this DR for something else? maybe another type vulnerability to the DR.
I think cold iron's fine, too.

balam_br said:
As well, somebody sees any problem in a True Neutral vow of poverty character?
Not at all. In fact...

Now I've got to thinking about an evil Vow of Poverty :] (though it certainly won't be called anything like that).

Nifft

Penguin Herder
True Neutral: agree with DR 5/cold iron. That's cool. Maybe call it "True Ascetic".

Evil VoP: Call it "Voidbound", and the idea is that the dude gets his magical ju-ju from the Hateful, Icy Void of Unbeing -- thus, not using stuff from the world is his goal, since he hates everything about the world (and of course is trying to destroy it...)

-- N

Aus_Snow

First Post
Nifft said:
Evil VoP: Call it "Voidbound", and the idea is that the dude gets his magical ju-ju from the Hateful, Icy Void of Unbeing -- thus, not using stuff from the world is his goal, since he hates everything about the world (and of course is trying to destroy it...)
Exactly. :)

I suppose bonus vile feats and stuff like that would suffice. Easy to work out that kind of equivalence, generally.

I love the images and ideas that came from just thinking about the possibility of the evil VoP. For some reason, it just.. 'resonated', from a GM kind of angle if nothing else. With content from literature I've come across, too.

Simplicity

Explorer
No, don't go with a love of the "void".

Just have a Vow of Gluttony. To keep the vow fulfilled, you must *waste* every penny and possession you own. It'd be like "Brewster's Millions" the RPG.

"I got a +2 sword? Awesome. First drink's on me, Waterdeep."

Remove ads