• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Non paladin Special Mounts

DarkJester

First Post
Me and the players had a talk and we ended up giving the crusader a stronger mount than he could really get with leadership. I almost went with handle animal but I wanted at least some investment from the PC. I didn't think that the mounts available from wild cohort were really worth it.

We only have 3 PC's, and since this PC (the mounted combat crusader) is the only character with any sort of melee focus I felt giving him something more of an edge would be beneficial to the group. Plus, having an awakened dire wolf cohort in the party gives me something fun to roleplay with the group and a good hook.

I gave the other two players some unique perks as well, so they wouldn't feel "behind" as far as combat tends to go. I'll still have to play it by ear and tone the beast down a bit if he starts to be to overbearing.

Thanks everyone.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads