NORSE/VIKING adventures, settings, conan type adventures

Emirikol

Adventurer
Just to clarify, I'm considering running my next campaign in Asgard or Vanaheim in Hyboria. It would be one of those rare moments when I may allow a mythic race to come across the bifrost bridge to grace the hands of the players (not that I wouldn't kill it off as fast as a cliche Cimmerian Barbarian..but that's another tale).

Campaign maps attached to post #1.

jh

Last edited:

Emirikol

Adventurer
That's the impression I got from that scenario too. It says "freya" on top, but has nothing to do with anything norse.

jh

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
emirikol said:
Thanks dude. That helps.
You're welcome.

There might also be other resources that aren't game-related. Some search terms:

SCA (Society for Creative Anachronism)
Norse
Edda
Sagas

Good luck!

00Machado

First Post
I don't have it, but would Slavelords of Cydonia work?

Also, I'm wondering if something like Age of Worms or Savage Tide with the setting flavor tweaked would work well.

ssampier

First Post
Slavelords of Cydonia pits the heroes against tentacled horrors from beyond the stars in a world-spanning struggle to avert a second cataclysmic war.

I am not familiar with that product, but sounds interesting; doesn't sound too Nordic though.

argo

First Post
00Machado said:
I don't have it, but would Slavelords of Cydonia work?
Actually... I'm running my Conan group through that right now. I moved the action from Mars (dominated by snake-men) to a vast cavern at the center of the earth (dominated by snake-men) and toned down some of the sci-fi elements. But otherwise the action fits prety well with the pulp swords 'n sorcery of Conan.

But no, no it is not "Nordic" in the least.

Emirikol

Adventurer
Back on this thread for a moment: we began our most recent campaign in Vanaheim. I modified the "Northern Reaches" in that I simply reversed the map and now I have an entirely detailed kingdom area for Vanaheim of Hyboria.

The scenarios we've played have been:
Valley of the Snails (yes, the one with the Nodwick artwork)
Garden of Fear
Forest of Blood
Irandiel (without the unicorn crap)

I substituted some Frostburn monsters and added the norse themes and it's worked out great.

How is your norse campaign going?

jh

Voadam

Legend
You might want to check out the Iron Heroes modules from Fiery Dragon. They are sort of Conanish in their themes of warrior action and low PC magic but I don't know about the setting of the modules or how hard they would be to adapt to a Norseish setting.

Remove ads