• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

North Carolina Game Day -- THE AWESOME AFTERMATH!!!!

Mulkhoran

First Post
Henry said:
OK - I checked, and I am all set to go. All I need is the following:

1) Confirmation that the ENWorld N.C. Gameday itself is a GO. Time was 9:00 am to start - is this correct?

It looks like that's shaping up to be the start time. The list of ENWorlders is decent-sized, and a number of people are indicating they're bringing gaming groups, so for the moment, I'd say it's a go.

2) Directions to where the heck this student center is. NCSU's web site shows me the maps (THIS PLACE IS HUGE!!!!) but I could not find it.

Better poombahs than I will have to field this.....I know the general area, but will need directions myself.

I would be willing to run a D&D, d20 Modern, Star Wars (either version) or a Call of Cthulhu (either version) game. These systems I know inside and out, but if anyone has another game or system to recommend, let me know, since I have time to prepare. :D

Anything else?

Hmm, *lots* of people willing to GM for D20 modern. Looks like it will definitely be there, although you may all have to mudwrestle for control. I'll bring the mud. :p

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Looks like this one is reall taking off too! I wish I could be there as well... :)

If anyone wishes to run a low level d20 adventure, let me know and we can make some arrangements. ;)

Mulkhoran

First Post
Mark said:

If anyone wishes to run a low level d20 adventure, let me know and we can make some arrangements. ;)

Hmmmmm preeeecccccccioussssssss???

He offers us boons, precious, he does *gollum**gollum*......

what he wants, he wants for his boons, m'precious, m'precioussssss............

no trusties!:p

jenna3

First Post
Wow, I love it when these plans come together before I see them. :) Count me in for the game, possibly my husband.

Directions. Hm. That depends on where you're coming from, usually. Take these with a grain of salt, but they should be good.

From I-40 from the East:
Take I-40 to the Gorman St exit. At the bottom of the exit ramp turn toward Raleigh (not tryon). I think it's a Left. Follow this to Avent Ferry Road and turn Right. Follow Avent Ferry Road across Western and it will dump you literally in front of the Student Center. To park, take a Right at the mutilated T intersection and there will be a parking lot on your left down the street.

From the West: Take I-40 to the Wade Avenue exit in Raleigh. Follow Wade Avenue until you reach Faircloth. Take a Right on Faircloth. Turn Left onto Hillsborough Street and follow until you reach campus. Turn Right onto Dan Allen Drive. You go under the overpass and then you'll pass a small parking lot on the left. Take your Next Left (I think it's Cates). Next Light you come to you'll see the Student Center on your Left. To park, follow the road straight across and there is a parking lot on your left down the street.

If you're coming from Raleigh, take the beltline (I440) to Hillsborough street and follow the directions for "from the west".

Henry

Autoexreginated
Any place that has an intersection called the "mutilated T" intersection sounds like a cool place to be! :)

These are fantastic directions, Jenna. Could we possibly post these at the start of this thread somewhere, either in Mulkhoran's or Rel's posts?

Hardhead

Explorer
I'm not really a "regular" around here, but I'd show up for such an event if it was close by. Unfortunately, I live about an hour west of Charlotte, so if it's held in the Triangle (as seems likely) I won't be able to attend. However, if plans change, I can make it.

jenna3

First Post
Henry, I think that's a great idea to post the directions near the front of the thread. And let me just say, "Feel free to do it." I know little about how to accomplish such things, so I'll leave it up to those who are more capable than myself. I am only hear by the grace of my DM. ;)

TTFN--Jenna

Mulkhoran

First Post
Henry said:
Any place that has an intersection called the "mutilated T" intersection sounds like a cool place to be! :)

These are fantastic directions, Jenna. Could we possibly post these at the start of this thread somewhere, either in Mulkhoran's or Rel's posts?

Consider it done. I've added the directions, and Jenna's name to the list.

Mulkhoran

First Post
Nothing going on here, pay no attention....

Noon.............

The sun beats down on the desert, illuminating a lone figure trudging down the single road. Behind him, he drags a long dark object.

*huff*
*whoof*
*sheesh*
*heave*

Moving in closer, we see an aged man, the dust of the desert clinging to his black robes. His bearded face, covered in sweat, displays his strain..........and his nervousness. His eyes dart back and forth, searching out some unknown foe.

The dark bag slung over his shoulder, dragging on the ground, is now more clearly visible. Faded letters on the side are partially worn away: "...C gam..ay.........th.ead.."

He trudges on for several minutes, eyes on the ground. He almost misses the thin black line in the dirt, crossing the road evenly. As he sees it, he pauses, his face growing lighter. He lifts his head, and looks around.

By the side of the road, and old, faded sign proclaims: "Page 1."

Drawing in breath, he makes to move forward, and freezes. A cat has appeared by the side of the road. It moves forward lazily and awkwardly, hindered by it's missing leg.

The man stands locked in place, every muscle tense. The movement of his eyes is barely noticible as he tracks the feline across the dusty path. It wanders, weaving a bit due to its injury. For a moment, it almost looks his way........but then it catches a scent on the air, and is across the road, and off into the desert.

The aged man slowly relaxes, letting feeling flood back into his limbs. Furtively, he shuffles across the thin black line, carrying his burden.

Barely audible to one who would be even right next to him, he quietly whispers under his breath as he crosses the line. It is issued with a revered tone, part invocation, part thanks.

"Bump........"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads