• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Northeast PA / Northwest NJ Gamers!

chronicle17

First Post
Distance isn't an issue for me. I used to travel an hour every Tuesday night to play, and 1.5 hours every Saturday to play an Arcana Unearthed campaign.

Saturdays work for me, expecially this time of year. I'll shoot you an email. My account is "chronicle" AT myrealbox.com.

I look forward to getting this going.

Drunken_Ranger

First Post
I was drawn here by Cin's posting on dnd.meetup.com I run the Monroe County group (check us out). Anyway, I'm not into the Ebberon thing, but I'm glad to see that there are gamers in the area. I'll be posting my own call for gamers. Thanks, Cinerarium!

Tom Cashel

First Post
Cinerarium said:
I hate to bump my own thread, but in case anybody's lurking here and is curious, Frostrune and I played together for the last couple of years before I moved up to East Stroudsburg. We were also lucky enough to play with Destan on occasion. When I took over the campaign I ran them through my home-brew campaign for a little over a year. Very fun campaign, got to advance them fairly far and their characters had a major impact in the game world.

What, no mention of your old buddy Tom Cashel?? ;)

C'mon PA gamers--Cinerarium (aka Steve) is a great guy, a superlative DM, and in need of a game.

Help him out, and you're helping you, too.

Cinerarium

First Post
Tom??? Is that you? Email me buddy.

And Tsaarn, could you email me as well? I can't get your email address, though chronicle and I are talking.

Cinerarium, aka Steve

Cinerarium

First Post
Don't like Eberron? What's not to like?

- No FR-style Elminsters overshadowing everything your PCs do (i.e. your PC can be a real hero, not the lap dog of some vastly overpowered NPC)
- Lotsa, lotsa, lotsa intrigue
- Dragonmarked houses for those entrepreneurial types
- Distinct racial cultures
- Only regular elves and drow
- Action points
- Cool class-oriented feats
- Semi-real world national cultures (Aundair/France, Karrnath/Germany, etc.)

I'm really not trying to start a flame war and I do like the FR (sometimes) but I really like Eberron. Come join my game. You'll have a blast.

I love intrigue in the campaign -- lots of well-developed NPCs with their own agendas and plots.

I love tough, tense combats and letting the dice (and bodies) fall where they may, as opposed to lots of meaningless encounters.

I love character-driven storylines where the PCs are not automata following whatever leads I provide, but basing their decisions on their histories and relationships with each other, the NPCs, and the rest of the world.

I love the look of "Holy :):):):):)" on players' faces when they figure out plot twists and all of the puzzle pieces fall into place.

I love the look of "Holy :):):):):)" on my face when players surprise me with clever tactics to challenges be they roleplaying or combat.

Tellerve

Ooohh, lookie lookie at all the traffic! I've still got the itch, and some character ideas as well Steve. I'll have to make a day of coming out there and seeing what it'll entail. I would really like to play in it. Especially since the campaign here as come to a stand still over the last few months.

Tellerve

Cinerarium

First Post
Tellerve old pal, you're in. Email me your ideas! Tsaarn and chronicle are in as well. If you could at least be at the first session I think that would be cool.

Tellerve

a'ight I'll email 'em to you. Although if you got online once in awhile I could chat with you about them ;p

I looked at some train info btw, and I am still pretty confused and disheartened with the trek. :(

Tellerve

Cinerarium

First Post
Looks like we've got 2.5 solid players ready and raring to go -- so we need your help! Two more players will nicely round out the whole group.

We're looking to play every other Saturday starting soon, since long commutes for work are the norm for all of us.

Let's play!
Steve

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads