• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Nostrodomus: Predict Five Things about D&D in 2016

BoldItalic

First Post
Sage Advice will expand to answer every imaginable question but people still won't read it and continue to post the same questions on twitter.

A furious debate about prestige classes will go on for several months on the forums, by which time no-one can remember what it's about.

Mike Mearls' daughter will be DMing at the age of about one, causing Chris Perkins to start worrying about his job.

Rumours that J.K.Rowling is writing the screen play for a D&D film will be denied.

A new thread like this one will appear in December 2016, relating to 2017.

Shasarak

Banned
Banned
No license.

No new settings.

No APs for existing settings other than FR.

Some news about the D&D movie. It could be a release date, a synopsis, the director (if we haven't already heard that. I forget if we have), or even a casting announcement.

Maybe online tools, though I don't expect them to work well out of the gate given WotC's history with tech-related services/products.

Pretty much this, although my bet is no online tools coupled with continuing scaling back on official support.

1. Playable psionics. Not the garbage from UA, but real classes and subclasses.
2. Me bumping heads with Skerrit on at least three different occasions over ways to better AL.
3. Faerun Region Adventurer's Guide 2: Electric Flumphaloo
4. 2 AP releases that people will bitch about incessantly.
5. Vin Diesel is cast for D&D movie.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
If a Greyhawk Adventurers' Guide is ever published, it ought to be timed to come out on Gary Gygax's birthday. (And therefore cannot be released before 2017 - see updated thread same time next year.)

vpuigdoller

Adventurer
I say 1 new non-AP book, that would probably be another forgotten realms area book and it will probably include the finalized mystic class. Maybe a Far-realm related book. Sadly, I don't see them diverging to much from their standard formula.

empireofchaos

First Post
1. An expansion, including a buffed Beastmaster and Chaos Mage, and nerfed Moon Druid is published.

2. Drizz't dies in a new FR novel. The scimitar is no longer a light weapon, and is upgraded to doing 1d8 damage again.

3. The D&D movie is released. It's a box office smash, and receives critical acclaim.

4. The American Parapsychological Association successfully channels Gygax's ghost under pristine laboratory conditions. Gygax's ghost definitively pronounces on the question of whether class has in-game reality.

5. Hell freezes over. Asmodeus is dethroned by Mephistopheles, and is granted asylum. He then enters the US presidential race.

Azurewraith

Explorer
4. The American Parapsychological Association successfully channels Gygax's ghost under pristine laboratory conditions. Gygax's ghost definitively pronounces on the question of whether class has in-game reality.

Of all the questions to ask a dead creative genius and they ask him that? I mean it is a big question but you know we could get him to settle the edition wars once and for all! Or how about the debate on lycanthropes and immunity to no silver and if falling hurts them(in know errata but sssshhhhh. Oh i suppose there's whats death like but who cares about that right>

empireofchaos

First Post
Of all the questions to ask a dead creative genius and they ask him that? I mean it is a big question but you know we could get him to settle the edition wars once and for all! Or how about the debate on lycanthropes and immunity to no silver and if falling hurts them(in know errata but sssshhhhh. Oh i suppose there's whats death like but who cares about that right>

Those are important, too, but I've got a lot of gold riding on this one, so hope springs eternal...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads