• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Not-So-Powerful Build? New Race question

DogBackward

First Post
-2 Strength doesn't really seem to fit with anything that has Powerful Build. Not a mechanical problem, it just doesn't seem to mesh well with the overall theme. Plus, I remember Frog as one of the better melee guys, so a Strength penalty seems like it would go against that. I don't see a problem with having no stat adjusments at all, really.

And add a bit about not having to have a running start when jumping. It just fits the frog thingy, is all. Compared to what some races get, Dwarves for example, I don't think it'd be too much at all.

Quartz

Hero
UltimaGabe said:
Hey, everyone. I was wondering about something- what exactly would be the repurcussions of giving a small-sized race the Powerful Build ability?

You mean, much like a Dwarf?

Mr. Moutain

First Post
and... how does a frog get a +4 to hide? wouldn't Jump or Swim make more sense?

*edit* never mind, but I still don't see how they would get a +4 to hide. What with their being oddly shaped, brightly colored, and loud.

*rolls a 1 on spot* I see my toe... and it is big!

Last edited:

Felnar

First Post
Mr. Moutain said:
and... how does a frog get a +4 to hide? wouldn't Jump or Swim make more sense?

*edit* never mind, but I still don't see how they would get a +4 to hide. What with their being oddly shaped, brightly colored, and loud.

*rolls a 1 on spot* I see my toe... and it is big!
+4 hide is from being size small

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads